Signed papers to join the #1 hated profession

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
The past few years i have been trying to get hired onto a couple different police departments, but it hasn't been easy because im not willing to move so i only have a few choices of departments. I've been on the hiring list for 2 different dept. with the best being number 5 of Beardstown for the past 2 years. finally they hired one (their part time officer) a few months ago, and at that point i talked to the chief about getting hired part time.

I signed the papers for part time yesterday! I go to firearm training the next two weekends in which after that i will get city id, badge/uniform and be able to go on ride alongs (un paid). Sucks that it will be un paid, but i want as much seat time as i can get so i plan to work a few days a week. My full time job makes it perfect as i only work three 12 hours shifts which leaves me available to the dept the remaining 4 nights. Part time academy will start in Dec. and will be every Saturday with online training during the week. While in academy, I can do paid ride alongs and once i graduate, ill be a certified officer and on my own!

tsJATW1.jpg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
haha, thanks everyone. and obviously not everyone hates officers, but they aren't nearly respected as they use to be with the past few years of events and media.

That's a select portion of the population who feel sorry for criminals (IE: Social Justice Warriors, Liberals, and BLM). The majority support law enforcement, police officers, and our military.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info