Don't follow a mountain lion

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
Those guys are crazy, remind me not to go hiking without packing some gear, like a glock 22

Forest preserves are government owned properties, therefore conceal/open carry is not allowed. However if you were packing and the path you were on cuts through a forest, that's legal. I suppose if you were hunting, that would be alright :dunno:

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Forest preserves are government owned properties, therefore conceal/open carry is not allowed. However if you were packing and the path you were on cuts through a forest, that's legal. I suppose if you were hunting, that would be alright :dunno:

Wrong! Forest preserves are Public land; owned by you and I! The government owns no wilderness land. That land is owned by we the people.

Now, does the government set some laws that should be followed... Yes, and they are set for everyone can enjoy.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
Wrong! Forest preserves are Public land; owned by you and I! The government owns no wilderness land. That land is owned by we the people.

Now, does the government set some laws that should be followed... Yes, and they are set for everyone can enjoy.

Well shit. I need to remember why my conceal carry class was all up in smoke about forest preserves.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
You can indeed conceal or open carry in a national park (where these idiots were) if said state allows ccw.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
this happened to a volunteer somewhere in south africa around the time i was out there.

Woman killed by leopard at South African game reserve | GrindTV.com

she was sleeping in some outdoor area to escape the heat as she found her quarters too hot iirc. we had multiple electrical fences around where i was but of course things could get through. leopards are pretty deadly big cats too.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Those guys are crazy, remind me not to go hiking without packing some gear, like a glock 22

I did hear mention of an air horn I think.

Which would be loud enough that it should startle the big cat into stopping and running.

Then again, if it doesn't startle the cat, one of them be dead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info