Las Vegas traffic stop shooting

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
~ 2:40 in both clips for the shooting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iln-6DuVk9o

a better angle that shows just how quick this all goes down :eek4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdRQlNhzdKo

Before an exchange of gunfire between a suspect and a Las Vegas Metro Police officer last week that left the man dead and the officer wounded, Miguel Salas spent minutes sitting in the driver’s side of a pickup truck repeatedly asking why the policemen — who were investigating a stolen cellphone — wanted him out of the vehicle.

Officer Richard Nelson, 33, who was hit by a round that made its way through a gap in his bulletproof vest — in the armpit area — and dug into his chest and through his lower back, is OK and at home after being medically cleared, Clark County Assistant Sheriff Tom Roberts said Friday.

Nelson and his partner, who barely dodged injury, are “very lucky” to be alive, Roberts said.

Salas, 25, fired nine rounds total at the officers who scattered in opposite directions. Nelson returned fire, pulling the trigger 10 times, firing one bullet into Salas’ head, the Las Vegas Sun reports.

The aftermath also was recorded. “Shots fired; I’ve been hit. Shots fired, I’m hit,” Nelson tells dispatch as he coughs. He later expresses that he’s having trouble breathing, something obvious from the video’s audio.

An arriving sergeant rushes him to University Medical Center. “The decision by that sergeant was critical in helping him to ensure that Officer Nelson survived this incident,” Roberts said.

The incident footage begins at around 6:30 on the video.

The other officer's gun belt stopped a bullet and he was not injured.

UPDATE: Dramatic body-cam footage shows shootout involving police officers - KTNV.com Las Vegas

Video: Officer's Body Camera Captured Las Vegas Traffic Stop Shooting - News - POLICE Magazine

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Could probably get it real cheap off a police auction soon. Replace Windows and your good.

Gonna need a rug shampooer too unless you're looking for engine swap parts.

That is insane.... so many psychos out there. That is why cops are always on the edge during stops, especially with imbeciles who want to play roadside lawyer and argue/refuse to do what police tell them.

That guy filming the second video sounds like a complete moron too.

Didn't really watch much of the second video except them bailing when the shots start firing, so no idea of narration nor care. That said it only takes a second for shit to flip sideways as this video very clearly shows. The body cam footage is very revealing, would any of you have even come close to guessing he had a gun based on it?

Of my own comments these two guys got lucky. Once again a sloppy stop, the cover officer should have held a position where he could lay fire without being vulnerable to the guy in the truck, and even with two of them they should have probably had another car stop by IMO. This guy was clearly agitedand not complying. Instead he basically moved into the kill zone, he was lucky that the guy in question tracked the first officer instead because the pillar prevented him from shooting as well after he got out of the kill zone.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Wanna talk about people who should go on strike for better pay? Officers that's who. You could not pay me enough to do that job. My hats off to all those who do it everyday

I would hope it wouldn't come to a strike and we just paid them better, because I agree, you couldn't pay me to do their job either...

Well you could but it wouldn't be for what they make.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info