Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So today I switched my mom over to comcast voice, internet and tv. It ended up being way cheaper than her WOW and ATT pairing and the services arent huge piles of shit like the other two.

Everything works fine HOWEVER, and this has completely perplexed me...when I try to call the house from my Pixel XL (using Project FI), my phone just rings and rings but my moms landline doesnt realize I'm calling.

I can call other cell phones, my office phone, receive calls, everything works normally EXCEPT reaching my moms landline.

I'm stumped.

Any suggestions? Already did the usual reset modem routine.

How was it resolved? I tried on both t-mobile and sprint.
Okay so in your case it's probably on the Comcast side. Did she port her number from AT&T to Comcast? That can take a while to propagate due to various provisioning systems at the Telcom. (Number portability is great and all but it adds a lot of moving pieces to the system)

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Now im getting a number has been disconnected message :rofl:

I'm reading a ton of horror stories from like 2012 where people ported and didn't have service for months and Comcast basically did nothing. Really hope this isn't the case.

My mom just called me from the house so service works. And she can call the house from her Verizon cell... So who knows.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info