Instacart ....groceries delivered. Don't do it - Fuckers

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Anyone tried this yet? I did for the first time today. It was a terrible experience

$165 inital order and a 10% "service" fee....which you can wave but i assume it goes to the person doing the shopping. Since they get your order they can see if you waived this or not...my guess is if you waive it you are a cheap ass and they will half ass your order

So I paid the service fee...2 hours later some chick drops off my groceries. I did get text notifications asking if a substitute was ok for certain items. I agreed for things like salami and turkey etc

So the she shows up with 4 bags... you would think anyone who knows how to shop would put bread on the top. She didn't. Thankfully I didn't get eggs.
I get the email saying she spent $144..ok that's cool....then I noticed that she literally got nothing from the deli. Not a damn thing. One of them was a substituted item that I approved too.

So I paid $13 for this "service", got charged for stuff she didn't buy or deliver and now I filed a claim with them and have to go to the store and get the shit myself. I get an email back saying they will credit me for my next order. haha go fuck yourself. There won't be a next order

So save yourself the money and go elsewhere.
Also you will notice that the prices are slightly inflated too which I expected.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'm assuming you guys don't have Amazon Prime Now yet. It's basically 1 - 2 hour delivery for anything, groceries included. Delivery is free and the app suggests what you tip the driver but it's generally just $5 - $10.

I ordered a PS4 last year and had it within an hour and we order from restaurants all the time as well. Doesn't do you any good now but it's coming soon I'm sure.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
For groceries, try Peapod. They're the original home grocery delivery service and will probably be hard to beat. I've been using them for years and really don't have much issue. Their produce is very good and they pick stuff better than I probably would. They give you a time window where they will deliver.

Good customer service and delivery is reasonable too.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I'm assuming you guys don't have Amazon Prime Now yet. It's basically 1 - 2 hour delivery for anything, groceries included. Delivery is free and the app suggests what you tip the driver but it's generally just $5 - $10.

I ordered a PS4 last year and had it within an hour and we order from restaurants all the time as well. Doesn't do you any good now but it's coming soon I'm sure.
they don't deliver in my area yet.

For groceries, try Peapod. They're the original home grocery delivery service and will probably be hard to beat. I've been using them for years and really don't have much issue. Their produce is very good and they pick stuff better than I probably would. They give you a time window where they will deliver.

Good customer service and delivery is reasonable too.

We did it once and did like the produce and deli stuff. Haven't looked into it since. Someone bought it for us when the wife was home on leave.

Walmart grocery pickup - you're welcome. Zero cost and its amazing. But you have to atleast drive there. They bring it out to you and load your car. They will even open and close the trunk/hatch. We do it once a week. Its epic. Oh and walmart prices too for everything.

https://grocery.walmart.com/anonymo...&wl8=&wl9=&wl10=&wl11=&wl12=&wl13=&veh=sem_br

hmmm never heard of this. Going to have to give it a try

]

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Walmart grocery pickup - you're welcome. Zero cost and its amazing. But you have to atleast drive there. They bring it out to you and load your car. They will even open and close the trunk/hatch. We do it once a week. Its epic. Oh and walmart prices too for everything.

https://grocery.walmart.com/anonymo...&wl8=&wl9=&wl10=&wl11=&wl12=&wl13=&veh=sem_br

This. We’ve been doing this the last couple of weeks. I already live less than a mile from a Walmart so it’s super convenient. Plus you don’t have to deal with the 900 checkouts with only 3 having a cashier

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
Ha Ha! I was thinking the same thing.

As men, we may not all head for the woods and shoot our meals but we can hunter/gatherer the best steaks from the grocery store.

Exactly, plus you can grab a little something we shouldn't eat if it catches your eye.
There is definitely no way in hell I'm dragging my ass through the forest to murder a Bambi, and then chop it up and clean the guts out!!!!
It's not like there isn't a Jewel every mile and a half!!!!!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
they don't deliver in my area yet.

I'm pretty sure my buddy who lives in Roselle gets Amazon Fresh at his house, they have these green bags/containers that keep the food cold when needed and everything is delivered to their doorstep, im surprised they don't deliver by you unless youre way out in the sticks?

I think it's like $15 a month to use the service though?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
We tried Blue Apron a while back, that's just meals, not really grocery shopping. The food was good, but the health content was horrid. I thought it would be fresh/healthy ingredients, but it was loaded with cholesterol and sodium, like more than 50% of the daily allowance for one meal.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I'm pretty sure my buddy who lives in Roselle gets Amazon Fresh at his house, they have these green bags/containers that keep the food cold when needed and everything is delivered to their doorstep, im surprised they don't deliver by you unless youre way out in the sticks?

I think it's like $15 a month to use the service though?

amazon prime now isn't available by me which is weird since i'm 20 min from their warehouse
Amazon fresh, just googled it. it's $299 WTF
so where do you drive to to get your food?

We tried Blue Apron a while back, that's just meals, not really grocery shopping. The food was good, but the health content was horrid. I thought it would be fresh/healthy ingredients, but it was loaded with cholesterol and sodium, like more than 50% of the daily allowance for one meal.
Someone bought us a few meals (from a place in downers grove) and it was pretty good....until I found a hair in my meal. I looked into it myself..it's almost cheaper to go out to dinner every night.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Haven't done the Blue Apron but I've tried the Hello Fresh and another that the name escapes me on. We only do them when they are offering the deals so it costs about the same as buying the stuff from the store. We mainly used them to get some new ideas and recipes. There have been quite a few that opened our eyes to some new things which is great because eating the same shit month after month get's old.

I am too picky to have someone else pick out my groceries so I can't see ever using a delivery service

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
amazon prime now isn't available by me which is weird since i'm 20 min from their warehouse
Amazon fresh, just googled it. it's $299 WTF
so where do you drive to to get your food?

Amazon Fresh is $15 a month additional to your prime membership and is delivered to your door. Not sure where you're seeing a $299 number?

As long as you're spending more than $40 per delivery, there is no charges, if it's less than $40 it's $10 delivery.

amazonfresh.jpg

1514310177_b1ac50b7f5.jpg

You can look it up by zip code if it's delivered to your area. I get it here in Streamwood.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info