Guy Near my Home Loses Finger, Toes and Testicle in Alligator Attack

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A Charlotte county homeless man was bathing in a pond on the other side of my town and encountered an alligator that tried to pull him deeper into the pond. Gator got his finger, a couple of toes and a testicle. The guy walked to the nearest health care center and they took him to Lee Memorial Hospital (trauma center similar to Christ Hospital).

The guy plans to return to the area once he is released. Has no money to pay his hospital bills, of course.

You would think a 20 year resident would know enough to be careful if they are in standing water, especially in the spring/summer during mating season.

Video in link.

Gator attack victim says he lost finger, toes and testicle - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's still mating/baby alligator time of year and alligators are much more aggressive and hungry. Only dumb asses go anywhere near alligators this time of year.

The guy has been homeless for 20 years so he fits in that dumb ass category. His life is probably sleep in the woods, wake up, bathe in pond, bike to local businesses to take advantage of food and drink freebies and then sit on free benches while talking on his cell phone, smoking and begging for handouts.

I'm amazed more of these homeless don't die. Couple days ago, I'm turning right on red and had to wait because of left turners. In my mirrors, I see one of these guys coming up on my right on the shoulder on his bike. Does he stop at the light? Nope. He goes right through the red light without slowing down narrowly missing getting hit by left turners and then cuts across the other lanes again making cars slam on their brakes. Amy and I thought he was going to get hit but everyone around him reacted correctly and he ignorantly went on his way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info