NBC's "Shark Tank", Sharks get butt hurt....hope not a repost

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i think you are misinterpreting why they are annoyed, which is more like his general attitude and not coming with a real offer for the part of the business that is actually doing something, then cockily peacing out like that. they know people try to get on the show just to get eyeballs on their shit and have people google it, if you go on the show and don't get a deal you're still going to get a million eyeballs and thousands of sales for your product very often. that's why daymon wants to hire his wife to sue him for wasting their time.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
i think you are misinterpreting why they are annoyed, which is more like his general attitude and not coming with a real offer for the part of the business that is actually doing something, then cockily peacing out like that. they know people try to get on the show just to get eyeballs on their shit and have people google it, if you go on the show and don't get a deal you're still going to get a million eyeballs and thousands of sales for your product very often. that's why daymon wants to hire his wife to sue him for wasting their time.

Like the sharks have never acted that way towards others? Sure the guy was a hardass, but that's how you make money in business. It was nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine, however, I do think that guy left a ton of money on the table by not counter-offering something reasonable. At the same time, if his statements were all true, he really doesn't need them to still be well off.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i don't know if i've seen them act this flippantly. i'm with mark on this one in that it seems unfair that anyone who would want to design some clothes to... run a wire through them... has to fight against this guy and his patent.

apparently they had a spat for a couple days over twitter. they guy himself has more to the shark tank story here - SCOTTeVEST on Shark Tank | Scott Jordan Shark Tank

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Love that show. It was refreshing to see them truly get butt hurt after seeing how they treat others at times. The Sharks have a tendency to really shame and put down some people. Sometimes deservedly and sometimes I think for ratings.

That was entertaining.

And for the record. I prefer and always will prefer wired headphones. Fuck that bluetooth shit going through my head. There are enough signals and energy waves going through us as is.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
i don't know if i've seen them act this flippantly. i'm with mark on this one in that it seems unfair that anyone who would want to design some clothes to... run a wire through them... has to fight against this guy and his patent.

apparently they had a spat for a couple days over twitter. they guy himself has more to the shark tank story here - SCOTTeVEST on Shark Tank | Scott Jordan Shark Tank
It's the way the system is. Is it right? No but it's there take advantage while you can or someone else will. The patient system is designed to keep lawyers busy

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Love that show. It was refreshing to see them truly get butt hurt after seeing how they treat others at times. The Sharks have a tendency to really shame and put down some people. Sometimes deservedly and sometimes I think for ratings.

That was entertaining.

And for the record. I prefer and always will prefer wired headphones. Fuck that bluetooth shit going through my head. There are enough signals and energy waves going through us as is.
I don't mind Bluetooth headphones. My only gripe is, make them fucking good enough where when I'm working and drilling holes into concrete, it doesn't keep chopping and the music cutting off every few seconds although the phone is less than 10 feet away. I'd like a pair that can allow me to go up to 15-20 feet and work without issues while my phone is in the vehicle (most likely on a charger).

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
it wouldn't be a name brand though it would just be tech they license out to brands you already know - that is what was being offered. the sharks wanted part of the actual branded business but he had no interesting in offering it up. it appears part of the reason he did not counter was apparently even, per his notes and the contract, opening up that door would mean he'd have to give up a part of the company to the show. i wonder if that is true in the case where he doesn't specifically state the brand name though.

i can understand them wanting to keep people just seeking publicity out of the tank but the wording of the contract seems a bit ridiculous if they have to give up parts of the company for simply being on the show.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info