Two posts; one cup. Chipotle Edition.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Two posts in one day. Big day! It's like 2010 all over again. In this post I'll be bitching about Chipotle packaging. Two main gripes here:

1. When you get a burrito bowl and the person that bags it tilts the bowl to put it in the bag instead of tilting the bag. This should never happen. You have one job. Don't turn my food sideways and cause it all to bunch up on one side. This would be forgivable if it was a rare occurrence but I feel like it happens 20% of the time. But there's a bigger problem here... One that allows me to forgive the underpaid employees for not getting the angle of attack correct on my $9.00 diarrhea dish and that is...

2. The bags are two small for the burrito bowls. The burrito bowl container does not fit in the standard Chipotle bag. So no matter how well the person puts it in there it's sitting at an angle. WHY? Why Chipotle? Is shit so bad you can't afford to stock a SECOND bag size? I understand that the top of the line exposed light fixtures and mass produced metal wall art is likely chewing up a lot of your operating budget but is it too much to ask after something like 15 years of being in business that you provide a bag that properly consumes the ONLY food packaging you provide?

Thanks all. It's been great. See you in another two months.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Chipotle was in the news twice this week with new scandals.

1) People who ate at a particular Chipotle got the Norovirus and explosive diarrhea.
2) In another Chipotle, rats were falling from the ceiling, possibly into the food.

You think Chipotle would have learned it's lesson from the last 10 incidents.
Still, they make some good food, but I'll have to check my next order for rat turds.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
My beef (no pun intended) with Portillos...

Sunday night, stopped in at the Elgin location (as it's right by my house). Placed my order, which included a large cheese fry.

I get home, and the cheese cup wasn't even half full. Fuck you Portillos!

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I don't feel like this thread got the attention it deserved. The too small bags are a serious problem.

This actually is an interesting problem. I do wonder if they had expensive meetings and cost studies and outside consultants and ultimately decided it’s cheaper to deal with the few that would complain compared to the additional shipping and artwork costs along with the people complaining they waste too much paper when they get the big bag for a single burrito on accident.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Popped up on my feed today. This was the last time I ate at Chipotle.

583b28d8c394bed4f1b1f31bf6e4bf93.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info