Bats in chimney

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
So I have a few Bats in my Chimney. I heard them there last summer as well. Anyone have tips how to remove these damn things? I was on the roof yesterday waiting for them to fly out but they never did. No sure what the deal is? Maybe they're nesting?

I also don't have a chimney cap. I'm going to put one on once they're gone. If they every leave...

Any idea how much a pest removal place would charge for this?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Why does everyone keep saying that...

Can't open the "dampener" cause they'll fly into the house. So If I do light a fire, the house will likely burn down.

then you are stuck calling a pest removal company, or sticking it out till the babies can fly and cap it at night while they are gone.

they should not be able to fly into the house if you have a good mesh curtain. IMO all wood burning need good ones.

start a fire, close the FP doors so if the bats cant come in if they do fly to the fire. and camp on the roof till you see them come out and cap it. Fire does not need to be big, just smokey.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
so you have bats in your belfry? (couldn't help myself)

Vote here is wait for dark, shine a light down the chimney to validate their absence and then cap that shit off.

I was up there till about 10:30 last night and they were still in there. I tried an air horn earlier in the day maybe I just spooked them enough so they didn't want to come out until the coast was clear?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
then you are stuck calling a pest removal company, or sticking it out till the babies can fly and cap it at night while they are gone.

they should not be able to fly into the house if you have a good mesh curtain. IMO all wood burning need good ones.

start a fire, close the FP doors so if the bats cant come in if they do fly to the fire. and camp on the roof till you see them come out and cap it. Fire does not need to be big, just smokey.

Yeah I have a mesh curtain but still don't want to take the chance of those fuckers inside my house.

Bats are a bunch of dicks...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info