Kid's first engine

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Well, my son is 5 and he was interested in what I was doing to my project heap. I am thinking we may go through a Briggs engine I have laying around. Anyone done this before with a little one? Just wondering how it went, and if anyone had any hints. I'm thinking we'll probably end up using my small cordless impact to make life simpler.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Maybe one of the clear engine kits, so he can see how it goes together. I'm not sure if there are really any that are appropriate to a 5 year old.

I've met quite a few kids I think would be smart enough, but most lack the patience to actually put the thing together.

its the same problem with Legos. Some kids have the aptitude to assemble the big kits, but just don't have the patience, so you end up with a pile of bricks that become a mine field in your living room. Just waiting for that one mis-step.

And NOTHING seems to hurt more than a lego brick.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
As mentioned, start smaller with a model kit or legos. But if your son is kind of like my 2.5 year old daughter, you'll have times when the kid really tries and focuses while listening and times when they just goof around a lot and can't maintain their attention. But any day you notice they're willing to notice and listen, jump on that chance.

I say start with something smaller then work your way up to bigger and bigger motors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info