Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Emergency Road Closures

Roads Closed

District 1

US 41 is closed at IL 176 in Lake Bluff due to flooding (Lake County)

IL 132 closed between Oplaine & 1st Ave due to flooding (Lake County)

US 41 closed between IL 21 & Delaney due to flooding (Lake County)

US 45 closed at IL 137 due to flooding (Lake County)

IL 176 closed at Sheridan Rd due to flooding (Lake County)

IL 131 closed north of IL 132 due to flooding (Lake County)

IL 173 closed at Clark due to flooding (McHenry County)

District 2

US Bus 20 eastbound between Church Street and Wyman Street will be closed. Detour is set along Church Street to Cedar Street to IL-2 (South Main/Wyman Street) back to Chestnut Street (eastbound US Bus 20).

District 3

I-80 MM-51 EB and WB Great Sauk Trail Rest Area closed 24 hrs for Maintaince.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
r1VxTMZ.png

lbRxnVq.jpg

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Was pretty gnarly last night driving home at 11pm. I stopped to get fuel and looked at FB and saw there were reports that hail was on its way so I rushed home to get into the garage. Luckily I never seen or heard about it. Currently DUMPING here in Huntley tho

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Power went out by me. Worst fear for anyone with a basemen with sump pumps. I was bailing water by hand until 3:30am when the power came back on. I moved about 150 gallons of water, by hand. Currently looking at generators....

I had this same fear 3 months ago when it rained non stop for 2 days. I could not take it anymore. So I finally bought a two pump system with battery backup. Now I sleep soundly during storms.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I wanted to punch people in the face last night. I left for work a couple minutes late and thought I could make up for it on the highway. NOPE. Not when its pouring balls, and everyone and their retarded mother were doing 40 from woodfield to Lake Cook RD with their hazards on. Then the rain stopped.

Then it started again in Vernon Hills around midnight with a loud ass lightning strike with building shaking thunder.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I had this same fear 3 months ago when it rained non stop for 2 days. I could not take it anymore. So I finally bought a two pump system with battery backup. Now I sleep soundly during storms.

I feel like those battery back ups never work right or the battery goes dead. How long can you pump on a battery for? My sump was running pretty much non stop for an hour after the storm.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
What kind of do you have? My buddy is telling me Honda is the way to go. Unfortunately, those are a cool grand.

Hondas are great because they are so quiet because they run based on load. What size are you looking for ? The 2000 ones can be had for around 800 bucks.

I would still run a battery backup as what happens if you aren't home and you lose power?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info