Indianapolis firefighter shoots neighbor in chest 4 times in self defense VIDEO

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
whoa

no charges.

Video shows shootout between firefighter, neighbor in Johnson County; firefighter won't face charges - TheIndyChannel.com Indianapolis, IN

JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. -- An Indianapolis firefighter accused of shooting his neighbor during an altercation in Johnson County last month will not be charged.

Dean Keller, 49, was accused of shooting his neighbor, Jeffery Weigle, 59, four times in the chest, sending him to the hospital in critical condition.

In a release sent out Wednesday, the Johnson County Prosecutor’s Office said Keller had acted in self-defense and would not be charged in the shooting.

Weigle may face charges “if and when he recovers,” according to the release.

Keller’s sister, Leah Shipe, blamed the shooting on an ongoing fence dispute, saying Weigle had been “badgering” her brother for years.

The video, released by the prosecutor's office on Wednesday, shows Weigle addressing Keller by saying, "Hey a**hole," before adjusting a portion of the fence that borders their property. He then says "I see you got the s*** out," in reference to Keller's wife. Weigle then gets onto his riding lawnmower and starts to ride off.

As Keller approaches the fence to see what Weigle did, Weigle backs up his lawnmower and flashes a gun at Keller. Keller pulls out his own gun and fires at Weigle, hitting him four times in the chest during an exchange of multiple shots.

The video was used as evidence in determining that Keller would not be charged.

Weigle rents a room from the owner of the property he was mowing. She said the gun that he was using was hers and he did not have permission to use that gun, according to the report from the prosecutor’s office. She believes Weigle took the gun from under her pillow before he went out to mow.

Keller is employed as an engineer with the Indianapolis Fire Department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFzCYLqJtq8

4 to the chest and the 59 year old man (who appears to be 78 years old?) gets back up. :eek3: :eek3::eek3::eek3:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
He got up like he didn't even get hit. WTF.

Also, I know he flashed a gun and whatnot, but I feel like he took quite a few extra shots. Then again, that guy could be a robot after taking 4 bullets and just walking away.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
This is what drives me nuts when people talk about the police shootings....

"Why did he have to shoot him more than one time ?!?!?"

Guy is lucky to have had that camera in place. Likely because of said stupid fence dispute.

I think there's a perception that cops are all expert marksmen and should be able to hit someone and incapacitate them in a couple shots.

To me, the other guy has a gun, I have a gun, I'm going to shoot until there's zero chance other guy can shoot me with that gun.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I think there's a perception that cops are all expert marksmen and should be able to hit someone and incapacitate someone in a couple shots.

To me, the other guy has a gun, I have a gun, I'm going to shoot until there's zero chance other guy can shoot me with that gun.

I guess seeing movies like John Wick where he can headshot everyone in the movie from a mile away doesnt help. :bowrofl:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I guess seeing movies like John Wick where he can headshot everyone in the movie from a mile away doesnt help. :bowrofl:

Word. Hollywood makes it look easy. I've taken a few first timers to the range and they never realized how hard it is to actually hit something. Let alone moving vs a piece of paper while holding a good stance and having time to aim.

Most cops barely spend any time at the range. Qualifications a couple times a year and that's it. It's like all of us and our jobs. You have a very infrequent task/skill that gets performed. Do you go spend your own time getting better at it?

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Word. Hollywood makes it look easy. I've taken a few first timers to the range and they never realized how hard it is to actually hit something.

Yep! When I take someone to the range for their first time shooting a gun, I always give them a 1 hour training session at home beforehand.

And the first lesson is: Forget everything you've ever seen in the movies or on TV about guns.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
All those shots and he only hit him 4 times?

Man... talk about luck on having the camera in the right place at the right time.

Was it just him firing though? Article below states "exchange" of shots?

As Keller approaches the fence to see what Weigle did, Weigle backs up his lawnmower and flashes a gun at Keller. Keller pulls out his own gun and fires at Weigle, hitting him four times in the chest during an exchange of multiple shots.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Kind of fucked up how something so incredibly stupid and insignificant can escalate into you pulling your gun out.... then getting killed over it.

Don't get me wrong, that old guy brought this all on himself. It looks like he pulled it just to scare the shit out of the other guy though, never even pointed it at him. Sucks you have people that stupid out there. Not just by getting yourself killed, but making another person take your life because of a fense....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info