4x4 lawsuits

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
:hsugh:

“Defendant has received significant profits from its false marketing and sale of its dimensional lumber products,” the action against Menards contends.

“Defendant’s representations as to the dimension of these products were false and misleading,” the suit against Home Depot alleges.

The retailers say the allegations are bogus. It is common knowledge and longstanding industry practice, they say, that names such as 2x4 or 4x4 do not describe the width and thickness of those pieces of lumber.

Whacked with a 4x4: Menards, Home Depot face lawsuits over descriptions of lumber size

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Lumber Dimensions. 2x4s are not actually 2 inches by 4 inches. When the board is first rough sawn from the log, it is a true 2x4, but the drying process and planing of the board reduce it to the finished 1.5x3.5 size. Here are the common sizes of lumber, and their actual sizes.

http://mistupid.com/homeimpr/lumber.htm

And

“They haven’t measured 4 inches by 4 inches since the ‘50s,” Scott Sunila said after loading purchases from the Germantown store into the bed of his pickup.

Put a jury of construction peers and watch these ambulance chasers get laughed out of court.

I knew this shit at 13.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Lumber Dimensions

And

Put a jury of construction peers and watch these ambulance chasers get laughed out of court.

I knew this shit at 13.

I like his next quote better

"My God, that’s crazy,” the 60-year-old bulldozer operator said of the lawsuits. “Let me on the jury. They ain’t winning. And they’re gonna pay me extra for my time.”

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Is this lawsuit any more stupid than the one I read the other day...

A green bay pucker fan;

- Buys season tickets and a PSL to the Chicago Bears
- Is denied access to the Bears sideline ON the field (I'm not talking about denied access to Soldier Field to watch games), IN his packer garbage.

So he's suing the Bears...

Seriously... WTF!

You're a pucker fan. Why the fuck would you be spending that kinda money for season tickets and a PSL at Soldier Field to a team that is your FOE in the division. Second, be an insistent special snowflake thinking you can go hang out with John Fox and Jay Cutler this past season while wearing your packer jersey?

I would never go buy season tickets at Lambeau! Much less go there and demand that I go down and hang out with Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers on their sideline while wearing my Payton jersey...

Some people are a special kind of dumb!

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
People don't realize that stadiums are private property and they can enforce whatever rules they want as long as it's not racial discrimination.... Having a dress code or appropriate attire rules is not discrimination.

I think thats why this this snowflake is trying to get this one. Soldier field is government property...

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
But the Bears lease it for the use of exhibition of their product at that event, which the ticket holder has access to, and which he agreed to the terms and conditions set forth by the Chicago Bears when he purchased them.

I agree....and I'd fine his snowflake ass if I were the judge just for bringing up such a stupid lawsuit.

But in today's litigious culture...these snowflakes sometimes get their way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info