Amazon is buying Whole Foods for 13 billion

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Amazon are no dummies. People pay ridiculous prices for their hand crafted artisan flour and they know they can get mass deals for that crap for cheap and still retain crazy prices at whole foods. The margins are going to be off the chain

I think it's more that amazon can jump into yet another market and be immediately established as a reputable brand by purchasing them. With everything amazon does they'll be able to have an edge over pretty much any of their competitors.

Whole Foods has been losing market share to traditional grocers due to the increased conciousness of consumers and their food. You can walk into anywhere these days and find a decent selection of organic products.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
As long as it's dry foods. They don't do refrigerated products last I checked. And not many places deliver to my area neither. Would be nice as my wife is getting more and more preggo and I'm at work. Would make things easier. Our only option is Schwans.

You can get it all. In chicago at least

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm not a fan of active microphones recording everything in my house.

HONESTLY; I'm just kind of over it. I don't sit in my home contemplating how to build pipe bombs talking aloud about it, so what do I care?

The Convenience outweighs the Big Brother feel of it to me.

Infact - I think I'm going to name my new Downstairs Echo "Big Brother" [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info