Sprint is offering a YEAR of free service to new customers coming from competitors

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/13/15792628/sprint-free-year-unlimited-service-deal-promo

Sprint just launched a new promotion that’s a very good deal but also seems like the ultimate Hail Mary throw of desperation. The company is offering an entire year of free service — including unlimited data, talk, and text — to customers who switch to the carrier and bring over an eligible phone. Current postpaid subscribers at Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile are eligible for the deal, and it also covers family plans. Here’s the page that explains the offer, and I’m not really seeing any alarming fine print or gotchas. There’s no contract involved. You’ve got to pay a $30 activation fee up front, but that gets refunded within two billing cycles. Also, this is only for new Sprint customers.

But so long as you sign up sometime before June 30th and port over a number from one of Sprint’s main rivals, you get a year’s worth of service that runs through July 31st, 2018. It’s not totally free, mind you. Sprint notes that you’ll have to cover a SIM card and pay taxes and fees each month, and you’ll get hit with other monthly charges if you turn off AutoPay or eBilling. Disabling both AutoPay and eBilling will result in a recurring $7.99 payment each month.

Sprint’s unlimited plan includes:

• Unlimited data, talk and text
  • HD streaming:
  • Video at speeds up to 1080p
  • Music at up to 1.5mbps
  • Gaming streams at up to 8mbps
  • Unlimited 4G LTE data for most everything else. Data deprioritization applies during congestion.
  • 10GB of high-speed data per line to use toward mobile hotspot, VPN and Peer-2-Peer usage.

You must own the phone that you’re bringing to Sprint, as well. So if you’re paying a monthly installment plan, you’re out of luck.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
And before people say it, Sprints network is lightyears ahead of what it used to be.

Even years ago when Nextel merged with Sprint, I never had any complaints or issues before switching to AT&T merely because I wanted an iPhone.

:dunno:

This is super fucking enticing. Seeing as I was going to buy a brand new 128gb SE today... Might have to stop into a Sprint store tonight as well.

:obama:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The sad part is, theyre not terrible anymore...but people refuse to look past the stigma of years ago....doesn't help that people like to trash them whenever they can ;)

I'm on FI so I use TMO, Sprint and US Cellular. Speeds when on Sprint are fantastic. My phone also jumps off TMO with the quickness when at GLD and on Sprint, it flies up there.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The sad part is, theyre not terrible anymore...but people refuse to look past the stigma of years ago....doesn't help that people like to trash them whenever they can ;)

I'm on FI so I use TMO, Sprint and US Cellular. Speeds when on Sprint are fantastic. My phone also jumps off TMO with the quickness when at GLD and on Sprint, it flies up there.

The problem is it was so bad for soooo long. The damage to the name is done. I cannot tell you how many times I was told the subscriber could not be located back in the day.

Great coverage or not. The sprint name is tarnished and done for. This promo proves it.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Sprint customer service burned me for the last time in the fall. Spent hours getting the run around so I'm done.

That being said this is a good offer and mook is right their service is quite good, especially for the money.

We are considering a switch to FI, but I need to fondle some droids and see if I can give up my inferiorPhone.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Im just about to cancel sprint. Go outside the city/major suburbs and it turns to absolute shit.

Free Year is enticing....because it is free....the service blows if you travel anywhere other then major areas.

I get Sprint coverage everywhere. I find my phone switching off TMO when I leave a populated area.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info