F-22 Raptor Combat Floating & Falling Leaf Maneuver

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I get hard watching the F-22. It's really sad that dooshnozzles like John McCain (I believe he was one of them), that cut funding and stopped production of this plane, in order to continue the boondoggle of the F-35 program (not that the F-35 is a "bad" plane either), just not as lethal. But I guess outside sales are more important than having a fleet of the best for your own country... Capitalism or something.

Venomous, you forgot the F-14. F-14's forever warm my harbles. Their is just something about them that is sexy.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I get hard watching the F-22. It's really sad that dooshnozzles like John McCain (I believe he was one of them), that cut funding and stopped production of this plane, in order to continue the boondoggle of the F-35 program (not that the F-35 is a "bad" plane either), just not as lethal. But I guess outside sales are more important than having a fleet of the best for your own country... Capitalism or something.

Venomous, you forgot the F-14. F-14's forever warm my harbles. Their is just something about them that is sexy.

You are spelling "TOMCAT" wrong.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
That part of the movie (the opening), on the USS Enterprise, where they're getting the Tomcat's (see what I did there for ya Das?), on the catapult, all the signals are given and the shooter hits the button and the start of Danger Zone starts playing is what Home Theater systems are made for...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Wash must be piloting that thing.

By9b2GP.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
That part of the movie (the opening), on the USS Enterprise, where they're getting the Tomcat's (see what I did there for ya Das?), on the catapult, all the signals are given and the shooter hits the button and the start of Danger Zone starts playing is what Home Theater systems are made for...

The other movie that has good flight scenes with F-14's is Final Countdown.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Top Gun, then the crew did Days of Thunder.

Two awesome movies

No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he "rubbed" you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.

The other movie that has good flight scenes with F-14's is Final Countdown.

Executive Decision also had them. No real "fighting" scenes though.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Pretty sure it piggybacked on the syria bombings, but actual air to air i dont think so

It hasn't. It's been more for drop friendly-grams on peeps as well as forward air surveillance.

One must keep in mind, that for air-to-air combat, neither the F-22 or F-35 are designed for "in-Visual Range", "dogfighting" like the good ole' days. They are designed for BVR "Beyond Visual Range" engagement and to destroy before being seen. Take out the enemy before they even know that you're there and even have time to react.

With that in mind, they're used as an overall strategic asset to go in and pave the way, knocking out enemy installments, radar facilities, anti-aircraft facilities (whatever that may be), completely unseen/unknown and allow the F-18's, F-15's, B-One's, and other air assets to come mow the lawn.

Perfect example of how good this plane is;
https://theaviationist.com/2013/09/19/f-22-f-4-intercept/

The Iranian's had ZERO clue an F-22 was under him checking out his load.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info