Outdoor car cover recommendations

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I just have one from Advanced Auto Parts. It works fine the few times the Caddy has been outside in rain.

The only issue I have with it, is no roof antenna provision. So when the cover is down and tight, the Satellite/OnStar antenna is poking at the cover.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
There is no such thing as a good outdoor car cover. Even the ones that claim they are 100% waterproof seem to have lots of reviews that people pull back the cover after a storm to find the car is wet. If not just partially wet.

I have the Budge cover that is made of Tyvek. Tyvek is a material they use to wrap houses. It blocks air and moisture but allows vapor through. So semi-breathable? The car cover does a great job in light rain. I have not used it in heavy downpours.

Tyvek /taɪˈvɛk/ is a brand of flashspun high-density polyethylene fibers, a synthetic material; the name is a registered trademark of DuPont. It is often seen used as housewrap, a synthetic material used to protect buildings during construction. The material is very strong; it is difficult to tear but can easily be cut with scissors or a knife. Water vapor can pass through Tyvek, but liquid water cannot. All of these properties make Tyvek useful in a variety of applications.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I use my garage
tumblr_mbuqneevx71qhmi2t.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info