Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Transporter2.png

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I used U-ship. You put in all your details and different companies bid for the job. I paid $900 for an open truck and it took about 6 days from Arlington Heights to LA.

Why not just buy the car out here? You're a pro. Broker a deal. You can leave it at my place until she gets here if you want.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I used U-ship. You put in all your details and different companies bid for the job. I paid $900 for an open truck and it took about 6 days from Arlington Heights to LA.

Why not just buy the car out here? You're a pro. Broker a deal. You can leave it at my place until she gets here if you want.

Honestly, I'm not 100 percent certain buying a car here is the way to go but the company covering costs is big. She'll likely have to pay registration twice too; once here and once in LA. This is her first car ever so I also want her to drive everything and I'd like to drive it too because we're looking at used $12k cars. I might suck it up and go out there for a day and buy a car with her.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Honestly, I'm not 100 percent certain buying a car here is the way to go but the company covering costs is big. She'll likely have to pay registration twice too; once here and once in LA. This is her first car ever so I also want her to drive everything and I'd like to drive it too because we're looking at used $12k cars. I might suck it up and go out there for a day and buy a car with her.

Actually, in today's age, most dealers do a larger percent of business with out of state customers, so this shouldn't be an issue. She can just buy the vehicle and tell them that she will handle all the title and registration once she gets to California OR they can actually do it for her with the state of California (she would need an address for this though).

My last two cars have been bought WELL out of Illinois. The Cadillac I bought in Jackson, MS, and the Wife's van, Tulsa, OK. Both I told them I will handle the state and they said "Ok, your total is..."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info