13th Anniversary of Killdozer Day

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Not quite anniversary, but, two days ago. Anyone remember this story? I remember seeing it on the news when it happened. Never knew the full story. Granted I'm assuming some obvious bias here, but, after reading it I don't blame the guy. Fucking legend.

18920517_10101200213350106_3079056317962447486_n.jpg

Today is a special day. June 4th 2017 marks the 13th anniversary of the Killdozer's rampage through Granby Colorado.

Sit down kids and let me tell you a tale, about a reasonable man driven to do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer was a man who owned a muffler shop in Granby Colorado. The city council ordained to approve the construction of a concrete factory in the lot across from Marvin's shop. In the process this blocked the only access road to the muffler shop. Marvin petitioned to stop the construction to no avail. Petitioned to construct a new access road, and even bought the heavy machinery to do so himself. Denied.

The concrete factory went up in disregard to the ramifications on Marvin's business. To add insult to injury, the factory construction disconnected the muffler shop from the city sewage lines. An indifferent city government then chose to fine Marvin for this.

His business and livelihood were in ruin. Rather than lie down and die, Marvin chose to fight back. Over the course of a year and a half Marvin secretly outfitted the bulldozer he bought to save his business with three foot thick steel and concrete armor, camera systems guarded with bulletproof glass.

On June 4th 2004 Marvin Heemeyer lowered the armored shell over top of himself, entombing himself inside the Killdozer to make his last stand.

He burst fourth from the walls of his muffler shop and straight into the concrete factory that ruined his business. Over the course of the next several hours Marvin drove his Killdozer through 13 buildings owned by those officials that had wronged him, including the city council building itself.

Swat teams swarmed the dozer, but it proved immune to small arms fire and even explosives. Another piece of heavy machinery was even brought out to fight the Killdozer, but it too fell to the dozers righteous fury.

In the end, Marvin's Killdozer became trapped in one of the buildings it was built to destroy. Marvin chose to take his life, the only life he took that day.

Today we celebrate Killdozer day and Marvin Heemeyer, the last great American folk hero. A man driven to the brink who chose to fight back against an indifferent system.

From notes left behind after his passing:
"I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable. Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Part of me loves that this guy went after those who stonewalled him. I am all for fighting against injustice.

But people seem to forget, and articles leave out, that he had tapes saying he intended to do harm to people. Not just property.

And the millions of damages were paid for by government and insurance companies. Costing many others. As small as it may be.

I am really surprised that this type of thing doesn't happen more. I believe people get screwed every day by the government. Obviously some more than others. At some point you would think this lashing out towards government would increase to what end?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Part of me loves that this guy went after those who stonewalled him. I am all for fighting against injustice.

But people seem to forget, and articles leave out, that he had tapes saying he intended to do harm to people. Not just property.

And the millions of damages were paid for by government and insurance companies. Costing many others. As small as it may be.

I am really surprised that this type of thing doesn't happen more. I believe people get screwed every day by the government. Obviously some more than others. At some point you would think this lashing out towards government would increase to what end?

Usually in situations like Eminent Domain (or whatever it's called).

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

I think most people's means of resistance are chaining themselves to a tree. If D6's were more available this may be more of a thing though

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I am sure anyone could buy a D6. This guy bought one.

In the end, what did this guy change? How did he make the lives of the people in his community better?

I am sure this was way cheaper for him than mounting a legal assault on the city and state. I'm not sure either way would have gotten him anywhere. I have no doubt the system probably would have failed him.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich

I didn't know about the harm to people thing. And I didn't know he had rifles int he cockpit as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info