Good for her, tough Chick!

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Women stops would be carjacker by jumping on the hood! Video in link.

Wisconsin woman stops carjacker by jumping on hood - CNN.com

(CNN)Melissa Smith's message to a would-be car thief was blunt: "I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!"

The thief was attempting to steal her SUV, but she wasn't going to let that happen. In fact, she jumped on the vehicle and mounted its hood, refusing to get off until the perpetrator gave up.
The incident, which occurred on Wednesday at a gas station in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was captured on video and has since gone viral.
Commenting on the episode, CNN's Brooke Baldwin asked Smith: "Are you crazy?"
"Apparently a little," Smith replied, before explaining her actions.
"If I held onto the side, I knew he could just drag me and leave," she said. But with her on the hood, she knew he couldn't ignore her.

(CNN)Melissa Smith's message to a would-be car thief was blunt: "I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!"

The thief was attempting to steal her SUV, but she wasn't going to let that happen. In fact, she jumped on the vehicle and mounted its hood, refusing to get off until the perpetrator gave up.
The incident, which occurred on Wednesday at a gas station in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was captured on video and has since gone viral.
Commenting on the episode, CNN's Brooke Baldwin asked Smith: "Are you crazy?"
"Apparently a little," Smith replied, before explaining her actions.
"If I held onto the side, I knew he could just drag me and leave," she said. But with her on the hood, she knew he couldn't ignore her.

"I was screaming at him. I pounded on the windshield a couple times," recalled Smith. "He, in turn, laughed at me...tried throwing me off, and continued to laugh at me."
However, Smith got the last laugh.
After turning on the windshield wipers and slamming the brakes in an unsuccessful attempt to force her off the hood, the carjacker gave up and fled into another vehicle. Smith immediately jumped off the hood, into the cabin and stopped the rolling vehicle.
Smith admitted that her actions weren't safe, but said she wouldn't "tolerate that sort of behavior."
After the frightening ordeal, Smith said she called her fiancé, who had a "holy smokes moment" when he saw the video.
"He wasn't too thrilled with my decision, but is very glad that I am safe," she said.

lightning2003

Nov 18, 2013
That's why you turn off your car and take the keys with you when you pump gas.

Idiots, idiots everywhere

This right here enough videos of thieves jacking stuff while you're at the pump from the passenger side. She got lucky he didn't keep driving could have been bad. Still badass she fought back but crazy.

I have gotten into the habit of locking the doors even if i am just pumping gas just not worth the hassle of finding something missing.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
That's why you turn off your car and take the keys with you when you pump gas.

Idiots, idiots everywhere

I do this by habit. Actually today I was pumping gas and the lady next to me left the door open with the keys in it. I know this because the fucking thing was dinging the whole time she was at the pump. Fucking bitch.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So with current conceal carry laws. Would that have been justified to use deadly force? Kinda seems like a gray area...

Stand in front of the car and draw down on him, if he gives it gas he's trying to run you over so you could open fire then?

She was crazy for sure, but at the same times I like to see people fighting back against these douchebag thieves.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Stand in front of the car and draw down on him, if he gives it gas he's trying to run you over so you could open fire then?

She was crazy for sure, but at the same times I like to see people fighting back against these douchebag thieves.

this has actually happened so there was precedent.
The vehicle then turns into a "deadly weapon" and you can defend yourself.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Idunno I feel like she could have just walked away and NOT been in harms way. She put herself in harms way. Not sure if that would have been justified.

I also remembering something in my CCW class about any actions involving a car, more so like road rage. They said that was a big no, no.

I guess you could have pulled it out but not use deadly force. 50/50 if it's going to work in your favor or you're gonna get locked up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info