Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I could probably write for pages about the past ten years - how I've made a ton of amazing friends, how I've unfortunately parted ways with others...or maybe how I almost died by the wheels of a white evo and then years later bought an almost identical white evo, how I've learned countless life lessons or how I've dedicated a large portion of my life to this community (for better or worse)...how some of you are like brothers to me...I could talk about the 11 or so cars I've owned in that time span...but instead of going paragraph after paragraph...this is the thought(s) I'll leave you all with.

Ten years, a decade. A decade of memories, friendship, lessons learned, hardships, community, and the list goes on. You guys have been my family since 2007 and for some of you, even longer than that. I bitch a lot and am not the most personable person sometimes, but it has been a true honor to be the head of this community for as long as I have.

When my dad passed away in December, I was crushed and lost...and some days I still am...but being able to come to the site day in and day out and interact with you guys, shut my brain off, laugh, immerse myself in the community, has been a true life saver. Thank you guys for that. Truly.

While I don't know how much longer the community has left in it, especially the site itself, I hope that in the years to come, we're all still able to take part in the things we've all come to love. We've been here for marriages, the birth of some of your first children (and second and third), graduations, loss of loved ones, the hard times and the good times...lets continue that into the next ten years.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone who has made this community amazing.

Your Fearless Leader,
Mook

ftEM92T.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Nicely said, Mike. Thanks for creating and curating this community of automotive misfits, many of whom have become great friends. Just this weekend I was spring cleaning throwing out tattered clothes and stumbled across the OG TCG shirt, which was stretched, faded and practically unwearable with any decency. I put that fucker right back in the drawer.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
When my dad passed away in December, I was crushed and lost...and some days I still am...but being able to come to the site day in and day out and interact with you guys, shut my brain off, laugh, immerse myself in the community, has been a true life saver. Thank you guys for that. Truly.

Shit man, I had zero idea about that. Sorry to hear.

It's been a trip for sure. I'll find ancient threads from 2007-2008 and just wish I found this place sooner. But for the time I have been here, it's been great. A lot of great friendships made.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Nicely said, Mike. Thanks for creating and curating this community of automotive misfits, many of whom have become great friends. Just this weekend I was spring cleaning throwing out tattered clothes and stumbled across the OG TCG shirt, which was stretched, faded and practically unwearable with any decency. I put that fucker right back in the drawer.

I remember when we got the .com and how big of a deal that was :rofl:

fd7bcab88d4453e73940a24e41338eef.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I wanted to do a reunion tour at Lukes this summer but I never heard back from Jamie (at least not in time for this week). I need to stop in there and chat with him.

He's always enthusiastic about car meets when I would see him around Dundee. Lukes would be awesome. I might bring my Dark SS & Co. shirt out of retirement.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Glad the site is here, gives me a place to just get away from work at my desk on occasion... It's funny because I started on CSVT, and people were freaking out about the merger of the sites, but now for some reason I'm on here more than I was ever on CSVT anyway. :dunno:

I've met a handful of people off the site(s) through the years and can honestly say everyones been great... There's a handful on here I havent met yet but I swear I act like I've known them for a decade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info