Biggest pet peeve of the person/persons you live with

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Room mate 1, goes through a roll of toilet paper a day, can't empty garbage can in the bathroom and stacks things as high as possible. Hogs all the fridge space with food that is used to cook one meal and the leftover ingredients sit there for weeks taking up space until they expire. Steals all my otc meds from the bathroom vanity and doesn't replace them.

Room mate 2, walks like she has cement shoes on at all hours of the day, leaves every light in the house on and doesn't turn the tv off when she leaves the house. So non confrontational it's annoying. Can't ask me something in person. Has to wait to go to work and send me a text about something.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I've got a laundry list for my Wife. I love her, but this is just for starters...

1) Leaves bi-fold doors slightly open
2) Leaves half drank cans of soda or other soft drinks all over
3) Doesn't clean up after herself
4) Always leave two sheets left on the toilet paper roll and isn't kind enough to go get another one or simply use what's left.
5) Puts all the silverwear in the drawer like a bomb went off instead of organizing/stacking it properly
6) insists on taking cans of soda out of the refrigerator out of order
7) Her van is a pigsty (hence why I nickname it the "rolling garbage can" or "RGC" for short.

I can come up with a ton more. I love her, but still...

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I have a wife and two kids everything in my house is constantly fucked up, how many hours you guys got to read my list lol

I only request stay out of the garage and don't touch anything in the garage
The garage is mine and mine only. I tell my wife all the time that I'm going to do with it as I want as it's my workshop/mancave area.

Tell me why I have some of my daughter's toys and some of my wife's crap in there taking up space?

My wife and I have a dog. A "Multi-shit" as I like to call her (Maltese/Shih Tzu). As soon as my wife leaves somewhere, the dog goes and lays by the door and avoids me. That is unless my daughter tries to mess with her, then the dog runs to me for protection. But that's hardly ever. The dog acts like I'm going to beat her the moment my wife leaves. Once my wife gets home, the dog gets excited and is all over my wife but after a short while the dog comes by me and stays by my side almost the entire day.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
I have a wife and two kids everything in my house is constantly fucked up, how many hours you guys got to read my list lol

I only request stay out of the garage and don't touch anything in the garage
Did we just become best friends... This! If something is touched in the garage or my man space heads roll. I don't get bent to easily over stuff but with my man things I get a lil nuts. Oh and certain beers in the beer fridge. My wife finally understands if she has to ask DONT TOUCH!!!

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
This would've been a thread that [MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION] would've blown the fuck up here about 2 weeks ago :rofl:

Hmm...let's see. I'm bored this morning, so I'll do one for each of my 6 family members (2 kids, wife, 2 cats, dog)

Wife:
-leaves half drunk bottles/cans of pop everywhere. Then gets pissed when I put them back in the fridge for later. Says she was going to keep drinking them.
-empty toilet paper rolls still on the hanger...and a half empty roll on the counter next to the toilet :fu:
-hair clips...pony tail band things...bobby pins. For real, are any of them ever actually on a female head in my house, ever?
-her loading the dishwasher...there is a system, each rack or section was meant for something in particular. I open it and there are bowls facing the opposite way of getting any water or soap, cups facing up, like WTF. Now I know how pissed off my mom would get when I would load the dishwasher and she would come in right after and re-arrange :rofl:
-Her car. Apparently the cubby hole in the door panel is like the kitchen garbage can. Just keep shoving shit in there and deal with it later.
-Dishes being left everywhere. Oh cool, your breakfast plate and half full coffee mug are still in the living room from 12 hours earlier? Was probably a huge task to walk to the kitchen.

Kids:
-Idk, after thinking about it... They're kids, insert general messy and psychotic behavior here.

Cats:
-When they beg for food...which is basically any time of day or night minus the 90 seconds it takes for me to fill the bowls and for them to clean them out. Bitch, it's 1pm and you still have food in your bowls. Go fuck yourself.
-When I clean the litter box out, and girl cat comes and nonchalantly drops a deuce that smells like it's going to peel the paint off the walls.

Dog:
-you're a 4 month old Lab/Dane mix...and you have the tempermant of a cat. Stop pissing in the house and we'll be cool.

I can only imagine what my wife would make a list of, about me :rofl:

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
It's almost reassuring, yet still frustrating to see my wife has the same faults as others:
-Dishes left in sink instead of simply putting them in dishwasher
-Doesn't rinse out travel coffee mug and leaves lid on so the milky/coffee residue gets moldy and nasty while sitting in the sink
-Leaves empty cups and food wrappers in her car, and then gets miffed at me when I point it out. That's the only way she cleans her car, though.
-Financially irresponsible is the most polite way I could put it.
-Comes home from work and is "exhausted" so she takes a bath then watches TV in bed. But when I come home from work, she expects me to take over everything and get shit done right away.
-Thinks we have a toilet paper fairy that replaces the rolls when they are empty
-Buys new cereal and opens the new box before the other same cereal we still have is halfway used.
-Forgets about clothes in the washing machine, then rewashes them because they smell after sitting for a day.
-Like most women, "I don't care" is her go-to response to "what sounds good for dinner?"
-We have two separate bathrooms, essentially because hers looks like a tornado ripped through the Health/Beauty section of Target and scattered everything all over.

I'm certainly not perfect, and she certainly has her own list for me. But we love each other and accept that minor pet peeves are a fact of life. :)

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The garage is mine and mine only. I tell my wife all the time that I'm going to do with it as I want as it's my workshop/mancave area.

Tell me why I have some of my daughter's toys and some of my wife's crap in there taking up space?

My wife and I have a dog. A "Multi-shit" as I like to call her (Maltese/Shih Tzu). As soon as my wife leaves somewhere, the dog goes and lays by the door and avoids me. That is unless my daughter tries to mess with her, then the dog runs to me for protection. But that's hardly ever. The dog acts like I'm going to beat her the moment my wife leaves. Once my wife gets home, the dog gets excited and is all over my wife but after a short while the dog comes by me and stays by my side almost the entire day.

Whenever my wife or kids throw something in the garage.
I literally go ape shit, I have told all 3 of them, stay the fuck out of my garage.
I will get the "its only in there for the night, or where else was I supposed to put it"
Sometimes I think they do it on purpose, lol.

These are my issues too. The garage is the "dumping ground" for all their shit! "Oh, I just need it there until I empty the van after my girl scout meeting" she says. It stays there for 6 months until I move it and then she gets pissed because I moved it somewhere in HER way.

Then there is the constant re-arranging of things in my garage. Like all the floor mats/runners. I bark back that I don't fuck with her pots and pans in the kitchen, leave things in my garage alone!

It's almost reassuring, yet still frustrating to see my wife has the same faults as others:
-Dishes left in sink instead of simply putting them in dishwasher
-Doesn't rinse out travel coffee mug and leaves lid on so the milky/coffee residue gets moldy and nasty while sitting in the sink
-Leaves empty cups and food wrappers in her car, and then gets miffed at me when I point it out. That's the only way she cleans her car, though.
-Financially irresponsible is the most polite way I could put it.
-Comes home from work and is "exhausted" so she takes a bath then watches TV in bed. But when I come home from work, she expects me to take over everything and get shit done right away.
-Thinks we have a toilet paper fairy that replaces the rolls when they are empty
-Buys new cereal and opens the new box before the other same cereal we still have is halfway used.
-Forgets about clothes in the washing machine, then rewashes them because they smell after sitting for a day.
-Like most women, "I don't care" is her go-to response to "what sounds good for dinner?"
-We have two separate bathrooms, essentially because hers looks like a tornado ripped through the Health/Beauty section of Target and scattered everything all over.

I'm certainly not perfect, and she certainly has her own list for me. But we love each other and accept that minor pet peeves are a fact of life. :)

I forgot about the wrappers and bowls, spoons, etc that she leaves all over. She comes home, and basically couch sits like Peg Bundy. Our house is a pig sty between her, 2 kids and the dog, and I'm the only one that does a damn thing when I get home after another 14 hour day of getting my balls kicked in at work.

More things I thought of;
- She refuses to hang her towel properly
- When she puts the bath mat down, she always covers the floor vent with it... IN the winter, the warm air coming out helps cut down on the steam in the bathroom even with the vent on AND you get warm air on you... IN the summer, the A/C helps eliminate the steam. Yet she's got it covered.
- The sink looks like a tornado like you describe.
- Her toothpaste tube, looks like king kong squeezed it. She doesn't comprehend the process of squeezing it from the bottom of the tube, keeping the tube nice, flat at the bottom and a constant level of product at the top end for later use.

I guess I'm just too much of a perfectionist and believe in "order". Everything has it's place, alignment, etc.... She's just a tornado bouncing about the walls of the house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info