Netflix - The 100

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Anyone else watching this show? It's really damn good.
3 seasons, been watching it non stop.

About people in space that send 100 prisoners to earth to see if they can live and a bunch of shit happens. :noes:

I've been watching it since S1, I'd rank

S4 is currently airing (and almost over) on the CWSeed app which is free for Xbox.

S1 was a decent start.
S2 was great with an awesome ending. Lots of world building, some good character development.
S3 shit the bed mid-way through (And not just the Lexa thing) Majorly stupid decisions by some people mid-way through.
S4 better than S3, but still some WTF decisions from people.

Also, FYI.

Paige Turco, who plays Abby Griffin, also played April O'Neil in TNMT Secret of the Ooze. :)

Have heard of it. Think I read the special effects kind of sucked but the story itself was pretty good.

Been looking for something to watch on netflix. I'll have to give it a shot.

There really isn't a ton of special effects shots. The space shots are obviously special effects. And what I'd consider fine for a TV Budget. They film on-location in a forrest for the ground portion of the show. Sometimes the matte work doesn't quite mesh with the live film. But I can forgive it.

What i do enjoy is that as the episodes and seasons go by, the 100 cast gets progressively dirtier. Injuries accumulate and scar over time. So there is a bit of believability to the ground life.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Well

Just finished Season 4.

I thought it was to be the last season, but somehow they got approval for a season 5?

I was okay with the finale up until the last 5 minutes of it. I don't hate it, but I think the show was honestly ready to be over, its never been a huge ratings provider.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I got through 3 episodes and thought they sucked. Then one of my best friends told me it get so much better, so I forced myself to watch up to episode 11. I couldn't watch anymore of that crap. This show sucks.
I tried watching it, pushed thru 3 episodes and gave up. It was terrible.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Side note for the show.

By now you've probably noticed that the intro varies from episode to episode.

The numbers, and shots used indicate various things about that particular episode. Easter eggs if you will. And the last final shot almost always indicates what the episode will focus on. Sometimes you'll see Polis, other times Arcadia..etc...

Mebot

Regular
Jun 16, 2015
Because of this thread I added all episodes to my Netflix queue. I don't binge shows but rather watch an episode or two a day while I'm on the bus commuting to work. Sorry for the late reply.

Overall, thoroughly enjoyed the seasons. It's a good show, not a great show. Yes there are things that don't make sense and too many episodes felt somewhat cliche

But I think the character development is top notch. Folks you despise in S1 end up being heroes in later seasons and vice versa. You actually start rooting for the "good guys".

One complaint I have is that this would be a lot more believable if this was 197 years or 297 years later rather than 97 years. After a nuclear holocaust and everything is green and growing? And the grounders all have a new language? And customs? And rituals? I just feel that only 97 years they wouldnt be complete savages. I feel they would have some sort of previous knowledge of human history.

Anyways I liked the show. My favorite character is John Murphy

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Because of this thread I added all episodes to my Netflix queue. I don't binge shows but rather watch an episode or two a day while I'm on the bus commuting to work. Sorry for the late reply.

Overall, thoroughly enjoyed the seasons. It's a good show, not a great show. Yes there are things that don't make sense and too many episodes felt somewhat cliche

But I think the character development is top notch. Folks you despise in S1 end up being heroes in later seasons and vice versa. You actually start rooting for the "good guys".

One complaint I have is that this would be a lot more believable if this was 197 years or 297 years later rather than 97 years. After a nuclear holocaust and everything is green and growing? And the grounders all have a new language? And customs? And rituals? I just feel that only 97 years they wouldnt be complete savages. I feel they would have some sort of previous knowledge of human history.

Anyways I liked the show. My favorite character is John Murphy
Richard Harmon is a good actor, he's been in a few other series I liked, Continuum among them.

Also as a note, Jessica Harmon his older sister plays Niylah in the 100. She also had a recurring role on iZombie.

The 100 overall is a good series. its not on the level of Westworld which is basically must see TV. Sometimes the writers push through some plot lines and characters make idiot ball decisions. The Bellamy/Pike relationship was a bit believable.

But I also don't really compare it against those shows because the budget is so much higher. I think you can do an entire season of The 100 with the budget from a single Westworld episode, and have money left over.

I love watching Murphy's development from snot nosed punk into who he became by the end of Season 3. And the nice part about is, I can't really pinpoint when he changed. They did it gradually enough that it just seems natural there.

I wish they had done more with Monty, Harper, and Miller.

Jasper is a hard character to like. I'd call Jasper weak. Losing Maya when Clarke irradiated the mountain at the end of S2 broke him. He never recovered. When he commits suicide at the end of S4, its not unexpected, but it was a depressing way to go. The scene where he commits suicide by Tea and Monty walks in before he dies is pretty good.

I don't want this show to go on forever, so I hope they really end it with Season 5. I was hoping they'd end it with Season 4. But the possible Parent/Daughter relationship they show at the end of S4 with Clarke and Madi looks like its going to conflict with Clarks loyalties to the people on the Ark and in the Bunker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info