Fence/neighbor/dog issue

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
So this isn't going to be he typical bad neighbor/fence issue.

I have a great set of neighbors right next to me. They love to garden and are always friendly. They keep their yard and garden fairly well maintained. The problem comes with what they have planted along my chain link fence line. Grape vines and currants (basically a smaller eastern European style grape.) Both are highly toxic to dogs, if you weren't aware. Our dog loves to eat ANYTHING on our side of the fence. The neighbors do a reasonably good job of keeping those plants on their side, but some fruit does come through. I have talked to them, and they do their best, but things get through.

I really don't want to put a tall wooden fence that would block sun to their plants. I've tried to find the chain link fence weave in clear and non-UV blocking, but it doesn't seem like that's a very common request given those weaves are generally for privacy. I've also nixed sheets of plexiglass just for sheer cost reason (probably a few hundred in plexiglass alone). I thought maybe some heavy duty clear plastic sheeting.

Anyone else have any ideas that I may be missing? And no the dog doesn't want to learn not eat stuff #labproblems

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
You shouldn't have to do anything! They're responsible for their own stuff. If it starts coming through the fence hack it down. Or a little roundup and than it's oh well. When my neighbor expressed concern over a branch overhanging from a tree in my yard I did the neighborly thing. Chopped that shit down. I worry about my dogs like my kids and they come before my neighbors. Do what's best for you and your pup. No one else will look out for you and yours.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
You shouldn't have to do anything! They're responsible for their own stuff. If it starts coming through the fence hack it down. Or a little roundup and than it's oh well. When my neighbor expressed concern over a branch overhanging from a tree in my yard I did the neighborly thing. Chopped that shit down. I worry about my dogs like my kids and they come before my neighbors. Do what's best for you and your pup. No one else will look out for you and yours.

They come and will take care of branches and vines coming onto my side. I told them they can come to my side and trim whatever they need. This is more for the random bits that come over naturally through wind and rain, etc. looking for something that'll prevent those bits from wandering over.

It's definitely not to the point where I'd even think about RoundUp'ing plants. We have a great relationship, and I would want to ruin that.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
We used a clear mesh on the tops of our reef tanks because there were certain types of fish that will jump out of the tank... Not sure if that might do something for your needs?

DSC03629.jpg

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
They come and will take care of branches and vines coming onto my side. I told them they can come to my side and trim whatever they need. This is more for the random bits that come over naturally through wind and rain, etc. looking for something that'll prevent those bits from wandering over.

It's definitely not to the point where I'd even think about RoundUp'ing plants. We have a great relationship, and I would want to ruin that.

Plant some arborvitae along the fence line a couple feet apart.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info