Anyone been bitten by a cat/your cat and had to see a doctor/ER?

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
So yesterday, my cat decided to be a little shithead and bite me right on my cheek. It bled but I washed it off and cleaned it with soap and water. It was not a deep wound but still punctured skin and bled.

I did a dumb thing and googled cat bites. Every article reads like, YOUR GOING TO DIE, GO TO THE ER NOW!!!!!

I get why because of the amount of bacteria etc that could infect you and yada yada. I saw a list of symptoms and I only have a slight fever but no pus or redness at the site of the bite.

I've gotten scratched a shit ton of times and I was fine and I've had various little punctures here and there and was fine.

tumblr_m8vq2wRnrP1qivp69o1_500.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Technically no. However, twice a year I get an infection in right hand middle finger and it goes into my blood stream and I have to be put on heavy antibiotics. Docs have no idea why.

If Hobbes scratches my right hand and it draws blood, that will sometimes trigger it. Otherwise, I just wash it really good and go about my day.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah if you've got a fever you should really get it looked at so you can get it taken care of properly. It's odd you'd have a fever but no localized symptoms but I'm no doctor so what do I know anyway.

I have Neosporin on standby for when this stuff happens. It has always been enough to do the trick, luckily.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I got bit by a dog and my arm got infected pretty bad. I went to the ER right away and had about a dozen stitches and the ER doc cleaned it out as good as heg could.

A few days later my arm ballooned up and I had to be admitted into the hospital for 3 days while I had strong antibiotics pump in via IV.

Animals mouths are full of bacteria.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Currently at PCP getting evaluated. Will report back. I hope it's just antibiotics and go home. I don't want a hospital stay.

With a low grade fever and no localized issues, you will get booted with a script. If you spike one, or you get swelling and redness/pain to the touch around the bite area, you will need to get back. But Im sure they will tell you all that.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Jesus Christ. You guys are scaring the shit out of me with all these stories. I can't believe how common that stuff is.

I've been bitten and clawed so many times over the years.... Never once thought of any of that stuff. Can't believe I've been cheating death so regularly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info