Running a c6z06 this weekend--will I get my ass handed to me??

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Video link pasted on PAGE 2
Hey guys,

Yeah this is a hype thread but I deliver on the hype..when I say I'm gonna race, I race!

So as you might know I recently ran a pair of corvettes recently...c5 z06 and a 6MT c6 widebody. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_zQ6ff89Hw&t=2s

At that time I was running 93 pump gas. Now with the persuasion of a buddy..I've finally pumped e85 into my car again after a 2 year hiatus.

So im finally going to put this setup to proper use. 16g's, e85 and I'm currently sitting at ~24psi holding to redline with a MBC. I'm going to switch to AEM to control boost very shortly. So here's the deal...I beat a pair of vettes and now 2 more show up..:D

The yellow one is a Grand Sport with basic bolt-ons. Black one I raced already. The red one is a z06 with intake/headers/exhaust and a heads/cam package. He says it dyno'ed 540whp. They weigh in around ~3200lbs-ish.

This is gonna happen. Its going down this weekend. What should I expect?? Will I beat him or will he beat me? Were gonna go from a 40ish roll..I'll be in 2nd gear..he may be in 1st or 2nd. How bad will it be? I'd like to get some thoughts and opinions. Win or lose I don't care, its all for fun!

Video will be posted this weekend!!

Teaser clip...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKj_qG31CSE

Last edited:

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Roll racing? Ughhhhh.You have an AWD car why would you not take advantage?

Dont get me wrong, I participate in the occasional impromptu roll race, but set up roll races are lame. Someone always gets the hit, someone always fucks something up, there are always excuses.

You guys got some good dig spots?? Around me there are NONE and I live in the city...

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
so apparently he got the work done from Speed Inc. I asked what cam he had he just said he got the 'Package' that they offer.

Do his numbers sound right? I know stock c6z's put down 460ish to the wheels. He's making appx. +100whp (`540whp)more...is that reasonable gain in power from going bone stock to IHE/heads/cam?

Super clean car..only 9k miles on it.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
so apparently he got the work done from Speed Inc. I asked what cam he had he just said he got the 'Package' that they offer.

Do his numbers sound right? I know stock c6z's put down 460ish to the wheels. He's making appx. +100whp (`540whp)more...is that reasonable gain in power from going bone stock to IHE/heads/cam?

Super clean car..only 9k miles on it.

I was actually thinking 540 sounded a little low. I know of one that puts down just shy of 500 with just headers and intake.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
man you are a douch

Was he being sarcastic? I couldn't tell...lol

I don't know how fast that c6z is, however from cranking up the boost in mine, and I have more to go...upto 28psi currently at 24...my car feels like a rocket ship in 2nd gear...and this isn't my first 500+rodeo. I have to keep both hands on the wheel otherwise the rear end gets real squirmy, almost on the verge of losing traction..kinda does feel like it does honestly.

For this race I won't, however for upcoming runs I will have rolling anti-lag setup...brake boosting isn't shit compared to RAL. I'll be sitting at 20psi from a 40 roll on the hit...:werd:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info