Recommendations for disposable nitrile gloves?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I've tried a few different kinds. The microflex ones at advance are $20 and no better than the hf ones. I use the 5mil ones from hf for quick things or messy things like oil changes, packing bearings, etc. I use the 7 mil from hf for longer jobs like brakes, suspension and anything else I need something more durable for longer. 9 mil I felt like I lost some dexterity.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Sort of a catch all, I do work on the cars with them, so something that doesn't break super easily. But mostly for painting these days (which we are doing a ton of), GF likes to use them to pick up dog shit in the yard, basic house stuff for 75% of the time.

I use grease monkey from home depot. Not to bad, but depending on what you're doing, they can break easily.

I use these for exactly what you are talking about. They don't hold up the best to brake jobs, but they are great for everything else around the house. I use them for gun cleaning too since they are decently textured.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
If HF has the thickness you need, you probably won't catch a better price elsewhere. I've got a box of the gloves from HF, don't recall what thickness they are, but they work well enough except for heavy car jobs, otherwise they break pretty easily. I use them mostly for keeping my hands clean when I need to do some quick work and for picking up dog shit.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I wear these for regular work. Lightweight and tight fitting so you still have good dexterity with small parts, cheap enough to use a couple pair a week. I've tried prob 20 different gloves and these are by far my favorite

Memphis Glove N9696M Ninja Lite Polyurethane Palm Athletic Grade Nylon Shell Gloves, Black/Blue, Medium, 1-Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0069UBZJA/?tag=tcg21-20

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Nitrile gloves are meant to keep chemicals and germs off your hands, not do mechanical work and resist cuts. I don't know why you guys are complaining about tears. Layer work gloves over nitrile

I wouldn't say complaining, just pointing out they won't hold up to heavier work. I use mechanix gloves for heavy vehicle work.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I mean, I expect disposable gloves to hold up to an oil change, not a brake job...I've had some gloves that ripped if you looked at them wrong, whereas some that held up fine through some heavier shit. Just looking for something that doesn't rip while I'm just sanding and painting in the house

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I used Black mamba gloves that were pretty resistant when using knives/tools, etc.

Currently, I buy some 6.2 mil off of amazon that are fine. When working on heavier jobs, I really dont' wear gloves. They tend to get in the way and I'm used to cuts/rips/gashes/broken knuckles/fingers.

I will say, the nitrile are great to have when handling detailing supplies such as iron-x, alcohol, clay, etc. Hate having my hands smell like those chemicals for days on end.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I use these for exactly what you are talking about. They don't hold up the best to brake jobs, but they are great for everything else around the house. I use them for gun cleaning too since they are decently textured.
I use them when I clean my guns too. Lol. Wore some when I painted a couple rooms but now I'm out. Need to pick up some more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info