anyone else get dropped from state farm yet?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
so far, the past 2 weeks ive gotten 2 letters of non renewal on some of my vehicles.

agent said hes sorry, but state farm is restructuring and he is loosing alot of clients.

ive had state farm since i got my license 16 years ago. 2 accident claims, and 2 or 3 windshield claims that fell under "0 Comp"..

so far ive talked to farmers about moving everything over, but they want about 300 more a year for the same coverage. thinking of hitting up american family, and maybe allstate..

never thought shopping for insurance would be so shitty.. but i guess i never had to before.

dont we have a insurance guy on here??

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
[MENTION=12474]Angela@KRWINS[/MENTION] for insurance.

I've got SF right now and I haven't heard anything... but GOD I pay them an insane amount. I couldn't see them dropping me.

well when you have, how many drivers and vehicles, and home, and toys... lol
yours must be an insane amount due to the amount of items you have coverage for!!

#eaglestacks

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I wouldn't doubt it. Insurance companies suck. I love Farmers, have three cars, two trailers, two ATV's and a sled through them currently. Just got my homeowners policy through Farmers and will be switching my auto/trailer policies to them (from my parents Farmers plan) in November once two speeding tickets fall off my MVR

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Get a ticket or an accident and they will drop you like a bad habit

i haven't found this to be true.

Nor have I... I have two 15+ over tickets on my record and my premiums have not increased a single dollar due to it. I talked to my agent on the phone yesterday and he said they don't run MVR's on existing customers unless it's been like 10 years or more. I'm staying on my parents policy for now due to that, as if I were to get my own policy and they ran the MVR my rates would be much higher.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
i haven't found this to be true.

Agreed. I have so much with them. 2 sleds, house, truck, 2 BMWs, the Subaru, my moms car.... I think a smallish life insurance policy... :rofl:

It's insane. I pay them a LOT of money. I shopped around once last year and almost moved... but then didn't because I like the service I get from Mark Mitchell in Woodstock. :dunno:

I've made two windshield claims and a hail damage claim on my house in the last two years. No issues.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I haven't heard anything but also haven't had any tickets or claims in god knows how long... Guessing I'll be good but will watch for any notices.

I know they dropped my parents because they made a claim about their siding on the house after a storm rolled through and hail damaged some stuff. They fixed the siding and then said they were dropping them... :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info