Jewelery; for yourself and gifts

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Our family used to use the same jeweler for decades and the man retired last year. I'm looking for a reputable jeweler for watches and chains etc for myself and gifts. Our former guy was on Wabash so I don't mind going into the city. Trying to avoid the Jared and mall jewelers so was hoping someone here might have a recommendation. Any help is appreciated.

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
How high you want to go? Custom quality jeweler as a family owned business, we go to Burdeen's on Lake Cook in Buffalo Grove. They design their own jewelry & you can even work to design your own setting. They also have a killer watch selection, including JLC, Rolex, & my favorite Chopard. But if you are looking for Pearls or a Rolex, then we go to CD Peacock.

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
I want to get the wife a couple things for her birthday coming up. A custom piece from the kids and a watch.

Well, what's your budget? I ask because Burdeen's isn't cheap but it truly is beautiful. I fell in love with a diamond & sapphire necklace & now we have a future wish list for our anniversaries & birthdays, etc that we can work off of. If you are looking for something slightly cheaper but still quality, there is nothing better than a Tiffany's box!!

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Well, what's your budget? I ask because Burdeen's isn't cheap but it truly is beautiful. I fell in love with a diamond & sapphire necklace & now we have a future wish list for our anniversaries & birthdays, etc that we can work off of. If you are looking for something slightly cheaper but still quality, there is nothing better than a Tiffany's box!!

No real budget in mind it's more of a see it like it buy it kind of thing.

BigJohnson

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2013
Title looks like a spam title haha. But I'm very happy with Martin and Martin in oak lawn. Got my wife's engagement/wedding band from them. And a few other things since going. 3 generations work there and the grand daughter is smoking hot. So that helps keeping my business. They are very helpful and I feel the customer service is second to none

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I know most places are closed on Sunday which is odd unless it's a mall type place. You would think they would be open both days on the weekend.

Thanks for the input. As far as watches I prefer Raymond Weil or Breitling. I've had one Rolex and didn't care for it. Felt like I was overcompensating and traded it in for some other items. That's what I liked about our old guy. Very old school kinda guy.

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
Derek, have you been to Tourneau either on Michigan Ave or Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas? Huge watch selection and a massive certified pre-owned section. That is another store that is one of our favorites but we always go to the one in Vegas. Burdeen's carry both of those brands but my heart has been on a Chopard Happy watch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info