If you do crossfit, you're gonna have a bad time

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Why are they trying to walk, isn't that just supposed to be a dead lift?

It's supposed to be a snatch off the ground like a dead lift but finishes over head like a clean and jerk but in one motion, they are walking because they lost their balance the weights too heavy, there is a workout that came out last week for the crossfit open to be qualified to do the regional and make the crossfit games that you have to do, it has a bunch of snatches in it they increase in weight to way more than normal people are capable of doing, but they are obviously trying lol the men's weight starts at 95lbs and goes to 285 I didn't even attempt the workout, in between sets of snatches you have to do pull-ups but instead of taking your chin to the bar you have to pull your self all the way up till your chest touches so your basically shot and doing heavier weight than you should to begin with, people that don't know there limits are bound to get hurt

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
the #1 most important thing to focus on when weightlifting is technique. You have to know which muscle you're working and focus on it throughout the entire movement. Even in a regular gym I'd say <5% of people know how to do things correctly. Lots of broscientists and one rep maxxers that don't care about anything except moving the weight.

Crossfit is really just terrible because you get a bunch of noobs doing something that makes them feel cool, but they have no clue what they're doing. If your plan is to move heavy weight very quickly....you're going to hurt yourself. If you're weak you'll hurt yourself early on, if you're strong it might be a couple years, but it's going to happen. Momentum should NEVER be used to move weight, yet in every popular crossfit exercise that's what they're doing.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I will say if you do the work outs right and use proper form its a killer cardio work out, most people dont do the stuff right, use shit form and that goes back on the instructors who dont know what they are doing either, My aunt has been doing crossfit for years she also happens to be one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the country

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info