Local auction site that I'm getting great deals on

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
https://www.slibuy.com

Local pick up at the store on 59/Jefferson.

Store returns that I've been bidding on stuff. Haven't seen an item that got more than 20 bids so I'm guessing it's not too well known. Some stuff is labeled salvage/parts only and will have a description in the auction notes what's wrong with it. So be careful what you bid on. You can bid on entire skids or truckloads of stuff which has crossed my mind lol.

If I see something I like, I look up the new price if it and try to stay 20-30% range. Lost some, win some. Lost a damn roomba by $50. I bid 200, someone won it for 250. In stores, it was the 880 so I think it was 4-500. You have 4 days to return stuff. ENDLESS POWER TOOLS. So much better than Craigslist imo.

Some of the things I've won:

Magic chef mini fridge, works great, some scuffs. $ 33. Think about it, I could flip this for $50-$100 all day.

6174f080c41419eafecb1732d62a0b96.jpg

ba5c827fba4e2ebe7f17c4c6c9d8efb0.jpg

601a07a80f61879a05045910fca3e8bb.jpg

50's style microwave for $38 nothing wrong

3f41f2f78b14cb27a213bac58285f134.jpg

......have fun.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
My neighbor own his own landscaping company that I help with for side cash. He won 2 wheelbarrows for $27. Damn things are $50 a piece. Although, one did have a flat tire and needed a $5 tube.

I bid on shit I don't even need half the time just to see if I can get it cheap. Tile saws and one of those hover boards for $35 lol.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Lots of compressors and nailers. Are these fresh off the back of a pickup truck type deals?

Not at all. Legit store returns. They seem to have a ton of compressors right now. Tools are exspensive and if you need a few extra guys for a job, you buy the tool, return it, and wala in comes willstacks and places a winning bid on a practically new dewalt drill.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Well i'm tempted and live a few minutes away from local pickup. need a new compressor as mine ate shit over the weekend.

Perfect timing. Set up an account in 5 mins, bid, and if you win you've got 4 days to return it at no risk. Just make sure to read the description of the item. They'll tell you if it's just cosmetic or if it's for parts only. All auctions end on Thursdays. You also have 4 days to pick it up after winning.

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
So they have a porter cable nailer and it says $8. If I put in a $8 bid, what are the chances of me getting one. Not sure if they have any kind of hidden minimum or anything.

They have auto bid which is nice. Figure out the highest you're willing to pay and place the bid. Say you're willing to pay 50. You bid 50 but the price will stay at $8. Now say someone else bids 45$. Now you still win it but at 45$. The only way you'll lose it is if someone bids over 50$.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I've bought quite a bit from there over the last year sometimes it's a good deal sometimes not, 30-50% of the time the stuffs broke when you pick it up, I bought a trampoline for my kids for 80 bucks said brand new, missing 10 springs and all the bolts, for someone like me that's still a good deal, picked up a spring set off Amazon for 10 bucks and had the bolts in the garage, I bought a pallet of oak laminate floors, the pallet looked like a pile of shit so no one was bidding on it, took a chance ended up being mint and enough to do over half my house paid 20% of retail for it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info