Gas Pedal Stuck - Female Ed.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRu_a3-p8E

1:43 finally the truth comes out.
Finally that dispatcher tells her to lift up on the stuck accelerator, while also pushing down on her brake.

stir.gif

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Newer cars are drive by wire. They really have no linkage to bind up - just the pedal (sensor).

All newer cars I've been in have the brake override the gas pedal is both are being pushed (or think they are being pushed) at the same time.

Black box should tell them something.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Turn the key to the off position ? :dunno:

I looked up what looks to be the SUV in the video, a newer Kia Sorento. It looks like it's a push button start. I've never driven a car with a push button, but to turn it off you'd just press the button for a few seconds correct? The fob needs to be within a certain range for the car to operate, could ya just toss the fob out the window and the vehicle would shut off?

I know that in this type of situation you panic REAL quick, but I'd like to think my instincts would kick in and start finding any possible way to slow the car. In a last ditch effort, even slowly engage the emergency brake.

Crazy to think that all of a sudden something in the DBW system failed in which made the car go WOT

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I looked up what looks to be the SUV in the video, a newer Kia Sorento. It looks like it's a push button start. I've never driven a car with a push button, but to turn it off you'd just press the button for a few seconds correct? The fob needs to be within a certain range for the car to operate, could ya just toss the fob out the window and the vehicle would shut off?

I know that in this type of situation you panic REAL quick, but I'd like to think my instincts would kick in and start finding any possible way to slow the car. In a last ditch effort, even slowly engage the emergency brake.

Crazy to think that all of a sudden something in the DBW system failed in which made the car go WOT

I have a Hyundai with push button start. I could start the car put the key in the house and drive off. Once I shut off the car it's all over. You just need the signal to start it. Not keep it running. I've never tried shutting off my car while in drive so I'm. It sure what would happen

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It comes to that age old stupidity thing. She probably panicked and mashed on the "brakes" but those brakes were actually the accelerator.

My Focus ST and RS both will shut off if you hold the ignition button. And the steering isn't anything super heavy at highway speeds.

Shutting off the engine will still leave you with the vacuum canister's charge to operate the power brakes for a few pumps. Steering will be heavier than normal, but not impossible for a person to guide a car. At this point you are likely on the highway so you can slow the car down in pretty much a straight line.

This was caused by driver error.

Maybe they should include a giant red button in newer cars as an emergency kill switch to keep the darwinian idiots alive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info