Illinois State Rep. Introducing Bill to Rename Stevenson - Barack Obama Expressway

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Just think, you can ride on the Obama to work every day.

CHICAGO — Interstate 55 would turn into the Barack Obama Expy. between Cook County and East St. Louis, if a new bill in the Illinois General Assembly passes.

State Rep. LaShawn Ford (D-Austin) on Wednesday announced he was introducing legislation that would rename the expressway.

“Renaming I-55 for President Barack Obama would not only be an honor for America's 44th president, but it will be the right measure we should approve for Illinois' very own state senator and U.S. senator,” Ford said. “This would be one of many highways and byways that will be named for Barack Obama, so it is only right that Illinois be at the forefront of the many actions that will rename streets and highways for President Obama.”

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170222/hyde-park/obama-expressway-obama-day-illinois-i55

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
“Renaming I-55 for President Barack Obama would not only be an honor for America's 44th president, but it will be the right measure we should approve for Illinois' very own state senator and U.S. senator”

Um, nope. I don't think so.

An appropriate "honor" would be to rename a Chicago sewer after him, not a highway.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
From the same link in my OP there are also measures to rename the Tri State and introduce an Illinois Obama Day.

You could get on the Obama, get off the Obama and get on the Obama on Obama Day.

The House also is considering a measure introduced by Rep. Robert Martwick (D-Jefferson Park) to rename the I-294 Tri-State Tollway in honor of Obama. There are also measures in the Illinois House and Senate to create an Obama Day in the state.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Think of all the sign makers and sign installers this will employ!

scsc.gif

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
This state is a beaut...... Unbelievable. Are they still planning on building that 100 million dollar presidential library for him on the southside too?

It is one of the shittest expressways we have......

It is? No tolls though!

As someone just said, this name change would probably give them a reason to make tolls on the road. I bet that's why they are talking about doing it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info