Why I did a thing. The 28 week reveal thread.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I bought a new vehicle and in the process got rid of a perfectly good truck (not perfect, but 100% reliable) to get a used vehicle that has thousands of unanswerable questions in its history. Why did I do this? I need the space......the interior space and as I said in my teaser thread I don't want my dog sharing a bench seat with an infant. I love my dog but he's always anxious high-strung and hyper (he's a boxer, it comes with the territory) and doesn't realize just how big he is, plus boxers use their paws A LOT!!! Paws have nails on them and I know I'll lose my shit if my dog does any damage to a baby with those nails. Call me paranoid, overprotective, ridiculous......whatever. The dog will have his own space in the new ride.

I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!!! My baby is due September 7th and it's our first. Hence the need for a vehicle with more interior room.

My wife wrote me a great little note (and had a 4 pack of Izzys soda to cheers with) telling me how things are going to change a little, she's going to get fatter, the house is going to get smaller and noisier and that I was going to be a dad. Nothing in my life has been the same since January 13th when I read that note. It took me a few tries to finish reading it because once I figured out what was going on I ran over and hugged my wife and then I couldn't see it thru the stream of tears.

Holy shit I'm going to be some mini humans father! I'm excited, I'm terrified, I'm happy, I'm nervous and mainly I'm concerned about my wife. I'm constantly running to the store getting her things to squash her cravings or just to make her smile for a second while the nausea takes its toll on her. My now pregnant wife is a former vegetarian and by former I mean as of a month ago she didn't want any land based meat. Now she's craving chicken, beef sandwiches and she wants me to make a steak for myself and share a tiny bit with her. All of that is really good news for me because she makes an amazing chicken soup and she's made it a few times in the last month.

I'm really looking forward to this and my wife and I are really excited as is her family and mine. The immediate family and the majority of the "important people" already know but this isn't Facebook official yet and it won't be until my wife decides to post it so if the friends I have on here that are on FB could keep it off of there we'd appreciate it.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Congratulations and pack in the sleep while you still can. Babies are simple and the more you get them into a routine the better.

Sleep? What's that? As it is I'm lucky to get 5 hours a night. Insomnia combined with a Boxer that kicks, whines, fidgets, howls and farts in his sleep (yes his farts wake me from a dead sleep and are almost bad enough to melt the paint off the walls) means I'm already sleep deprived and unfortunately used to a lack of sleep. At least now I'll have a better reason to be awake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info