best credit card for cash back and bonus incentives

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I do have a few cards now but only 1 real credit card a chase ultimate rewards card, I also have a care credit card that i used for lasic last year for the 0% financing and a discount tire card also for the 0% I beleive those are both synchrony bank cards, I pretty much always keep the chase card paid off but from time to time i will leave some on it around christmas time mostly, anyway looking at last years statements I put 17k on that card over the course of the year and realized i could probably be getting more cash back or points or whatever on a better card, ive been looking at the amex blue cash every day card looks like it gets a little less points than another one they offer but no fees, I dont really care about flyer miles or travel stuff that in mind what other cards should i look at and also does every place pretty much take american express or is it limited, thanks tcg credit bro's

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My main CC was Citi "thank you" card and I earned pts for gift cards and other stupid shit.
I was offered to switch it to Citi "double cash" card a few weeks ago. Made the switch and its 1% on purchases and 1% on payments cash back or apply to my statement. Sounds good, will see how it goes.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I like my Capital One Quicksilver. 1.5% cashback on everything that you can immediately credit to your bill. There may be better options, ive just always had a capital one card since i was like 19.
That's what I have and it's great. Racking up those "free" dollars is right in your face when you login. Gives me the feels

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
2% everything. 1% when you charge. 1% when you pay..
8c6be27c813bd1594550f5fe7fd7d087.jpg

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Best Cash Back Credit Cards of 2017 - The Simple Dollar

Discover IT Card

Card Highlights Provided by Discover:
Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.

Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, Amazon.com, restaurants, wholesale clubs and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.

Redeem your cash back for any amount, any time. Cash rewards never expire.

100% U.S. based customer service.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I do have a few cards now but only 1 real credit card a chase ultimate rewards card, I also have a care credit card that i used for lasic last year for the 0% financing and a discount tire card also for the 0% I beleive those are both synchrony bank cards, I pretty much always keep the chase card paid off but from time to time i will leave some on it around christmas time mostly, anyway looking at last years statements I put 17k on that card over the course of the year and realized i could probably be getting more cash back or points or whatever on a better card, ive been looking at the amex blue cash every day card looks like it gets a little less points than another one they offer but no fees, I dont really care about flyer miles or travel stuff that in mind what other cards should i look at and also does every place pretty much take american express or is it limited, thanks tcg credit bro's

since chase will give you a penny for UR points it essentially acts as a 1% cash back card, although it does cost you that annual fee. so you get 1 cent per point. if you use them for other things you can potentially get more; i use these mostly for travel (transfer to united) where you can get 1-5 cents per point.

i don't really do cash back but people usually do good articles on them. the amex blue seems questionable with no sign up bonus, and an annual fee. i'd probably gravitate more towards that chase freedom or freedom unlimited. the thing with any cash back strategy is you are best off with multiple so that you can pick which one gives you best return on a given category at a given time. or what i would call "too much fucking work." if you want easy work, the citi double cash card gives you 2%. looking at the sign up bonuses for these cards, it's much smaller compared to travel oriented cards.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I just grabbed that Amazon one that pays 5% cash back on everything you buy at Amazon. If you do a bunch of shopping on Amazon its hard to beat that.

you used to be able to use chase business ink 5x office spend to just buy $0-500 amazon no fee gift cards at office max/staples. since chase will give you 1 cent apiece, this turns it into an at least 5% on amazon. or more if you move the points and do something with them.

i think this ended late last year though. i'm not sure i was a very lazy points hacker in 2016.

edit: this may still be in place for existing holders? maybe even new ones too? not clear

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
since chase will give you a penny for UR points it essentially acts as a 1% cash back card, although it does cost you that annual fee. so you get 1 cent per point. if you use them for other things you can potentially get more; i use these mostly for travel (transfer to united) where you can get 1-5 cents per point.

i don't really do cash back but people usually do good articles on them. the amex blue seems questionable with no sign up bonus, and an annual fee. i'd probably gravitate more towards that chase freedom or freedom unlimited. the thing with any cash back strategy is you are best off with multiple so that you can pick which one gives you best return on a given category at a given time. or what i would call "too much fucking work." if you want easy work, the citi double cash card gives you 2%. looking at the sign up bonuses for these cards, it's much smaller compared to travel oriented cards.

Amex has 2 blue cards preferred has a 95 a year charge cash every day card has no fee but slightly lower cash back it's still 3% on groceries and 2% on gas $100 bonus if you spend 1000 in the first 3 months

I use two cards: USBank Cash+ and AMEX Blue Cash Preferred

USBank Cash+:
Lets me choose three categories (2%, 5%, and 5%), so I generally do 2% on restaurants (anything with a server), 5% on bookstores (Amazon is listed as a bookstore with merchant category code), and 5% on fast food (which is any food/drink place without a server, i.e. Starbucks too). Card is free.

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred:
6% on groceries, 3% on gas and department stores. Card costs $75 a year.

Both cards are 1% back on everything else. But between those I've got high cash back on restaurants, Amazon, groceries, and gas. Best combo I've been able to find. I spend a lot on cards, so generally am getting back $100-200 a month in cash back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info