Another killing on FB live

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Do you not think it's fucked up that he was part of the problem? Can we pinpoint an area where he actually helped reduce this type of mentality while he was in office?

how was he part of the problem exactly? it's the president of the united states job now to do what, address local gang wars and a thuggish gang culture?

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
how was he part of the problem exactly? it's the president of the united states job now to do what, address local gang wars and a thuggish gang culture?

He made his intentions CRYSTAL clear when he saw an opportunity to inflame, he did. Even before all the facts were in in many situations, by calling news conferences for certain stories while ignoring others. Hands up don't shoot was a lie. Also, by which funerals he decided to attend, and which ones he ignored.

I know your response is going to be something like "do you really think a thug from Chicago cares what funeral Obama attended and uses that as an excuse to shoot someone?"

Don't. Be. So. Obtuse.

It's about getting people to believe a narrative that doesn't exist. Make them feel marginalized and under attsck by the police so every encounter with an officer is met with fear and anger.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
He made his intentions CRYSTAL clear when he saw an opportunity to inflame, he did. Even before all the facts were in in many situations, by calling news conferences for certain stories while ignoring others. Hands up don't shoot was a lie. Also, by which funerals he decided to attend, and which ones he ignored.

I know your response is going to be something like "do you really think a thug from Chicago cares what funeral Obama attended and uses that as an excuse to shoot someone?"

Don't. Be. So. Obtuse.

It's about getting people to believe a narrative that doesn't exist. Make them feel marginalized and under attsck by the police so every encounter with an officer is met with fear and anger.

there's a bunch of studies using different methodologies that hardly show equal treatment by police in encounters, so why claim this doesn't exist? and if it does wouldn't that have a lot more to do with black's perception and encounters with police? what's this have to do with the video anyway which has nothing to do with police? if obama attended a few more choice funerals for you this wouldn't have happened and nobody would be taking potshots at him?

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
There it is, last couple sentences, exactly like I thought you'd respond.

As far as the studies go, I can't turn a blind eye to majority black inner cities and all the crime that comes with it. And this isn't isolated, happens across the entire country. Will you be treated differently in those neighbothoods? You're damn right, but so are whites. I know, I've been in them for work the last 13 years. I don't need a study to tell me this. Police see somebody white in these neighborhoods they're there for 3 reasons, drugs, prostitution or they have to work there.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
there's a bunch of studies using different methodologies that hardly show equal treatment by police in encounters, so why claim this doesn't exist? and if it does wouldn't that have a lot more to do with black's perception and encounters with police? what's this have to do with the video anyway which has nothing to do with police? if obama attended a few more choice funerals for you this wouldn't have happened and nobody would be taking potshots at him?

You mean equally that not being African American and in a gang reduces your chance of being murdered by a gun about 80 percent?

Of course more people of color are going to get pulled over when they compose the majority of neighborhoods constituting hot spots.

In terms of Obama African Americans found themselves pretty well forsaken in recovery after 2008. That has an impact.

That said the person who did this is a piece of shit and I do not really have much nicer to say for the adults in the car if my game of rush to judgment is right. Why were they FB live streaming? Was it a taunt to another gang that was answered?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
This shooting, like similar on a daily basis, has to do with a loss of respect for life. Obama and the Mayor have thrown their hands up in the air.

It appears there is a need to:

Let the Police clean up the areas
Create more educational / employment opportunities for the youth (including off hour programs / sitters).
Reinstill the importance of family (especially father figures)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info