Air duct / vent cleaner in NW suburbs?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I don't know it has ever been done at our house. I opened up a few vents in the house and peered in with a flashlight. It looked really, really, disgusting. I know there will always be some level of dust/debris in the vents, but this stuff looked really thick.

Plus after the remodeling we did with the kitchen and refinishing the floors, it kicked up a lot of stuff into the air.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
All Pro Air Duct Cleaning is in Warrenville & not too far from you. Let me know how they do!!
Just called them as we are looking to have it done as well and a little pricey imo.
Quoted me $430 but they are running an $80 off coupon, so $350 for approximately 1800sq ft. I'm almost positive last company I had do it about 5-6 years ago was around half that.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
That's weird, I was quoted $320 for 2,200sq ft this morning. That includes the coupon.

From my brief look into costing, it ranges from $200-$500, so it seemed right in the middle. But I didn't spend a lot of time researching.
Lol
Did you speak to a woman named Nora, that's who quoted me.
I told her single furnace roughly 1800 sq ft. Wonder why the $30 difference???

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
This one comes up all the time on TCG Man Cave on Facebook:

15000278_1794689077414689_846517105447009342_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Beforeandafteraircare/?pnref=lhc

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
I don't think that the pricing goes by the square footage of the house but where the ducts are & how many there are. It actually should be done every 10 years or in older homes (40-50 year old homes), it should be every 5 years. If it is a newer home then just getting the dryer ducts & the main air duct leading to outside should be only what is needed. Ours are tricky because we have cathedral ceilings. Because they leaded to outside, our home owners association chose to pick up the cost. They did my dryer vent also because again it is in the third floor ceiling.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm guessing the phone quote is just that. Once they come to your house and see what really needs to be done, the amount may go up or down....most likely up though with additional services.

But I was under the impression the quote was based on square footage, but you'd be billed by the amount of vents they cleaned.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
All Pro Air Duct Cleaning is in Warrenville & not too far from you. Let me know how they do!!

Red flag in my book, that tells me they have no set price for sq footage. It's not like I'm 20 miles farther than you, I'm in the next town.
If you wind up using them, let me know your thoughts

I had a great experience with this company. They brought one of those micro cameras that they stuck down the vents so that you could see what they looked like before. Our ducts were absolutely horrible, probably never been cleaned since the house was built in '92.

I could hear them using the agitator throughout the house and throughout all the rooms. He then showed me the the camera to show me what they look like afterwards. I feel like they did a pretty thorough job and for the price quote. I would recommend to anyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info