Family Problem V: Couch

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
So over the summer my sister moved to a smaller apartment and brought a lot of her shit that wouldn't fit to my moms house. My mom had her couch in her garage for about a month and asked me if I wanted it. It was a decent couch that I could put in my basement. I came by with a trailer and two bros to bring it to my house. When I removed the tarp over it the couch was a L shape with a small built in ottoman not straight like I thought it was. I told my mom I don't want it because it won't work in my room. She asked me if I could get it out of her garage because I had a trailer and bros. We ended up taking the couch to a friends moms house.

Fast forward to yesterday. My sister tells me she wants her couch back. I was like ugh yeah. Mom gave it to me. It wouldn't work in my house. So I gave it away. She seems to think both mom and myself were just simply storing the couch for her. Yeah OK. I am not about to ask my friends mom for the couch back and I feel like a dick for telling my sister to pound sand also. She's also pissed at my mom for giving telling me I could have it.

Big misunderstanding.

shopping

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Choices. You have choices.

1. Ignore everything and hope it goes away. (It won't because women have long memories. I predict you will eventually be the bad guy no matter what you do.)

2. Blame your mom. (See answer 1. Same results).

3. Blame your sister. (Again, see answer 1.)

4. Get the couch back. (Whoops. Now another woman is involved. You're screwed.)

5. Find a better couch for your sister.
A. Friend's mom is happy with her couch.
B. Your mom is happy the problem is solved.
C. Sister is happy with her better couch.
D. Only person who suffers is you but that was going to happen anyway when you became involved with three women. Maybe you can find a couch on sale somewhere? Or check craigslist/ebay. Just don't buy it from a guy who is storing it for his sister.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I could understand your sister thinking she's storing it there till she can use it. Your mom probably should have mentioned she didn't want it in the garage anymore and that you were gonna take it. And the sister should have been informed that you were giving it away lol, couches aren't cheap. But can't ask for it back now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info