b14018501b40a5dab6fa043ddb296380.jpg

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5977308351.html

A two thousand and whatttt... Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS - $3800

00U0U_kFFHq6ZhanH_1200x900.jpg

When you see this car, you'll likely be intrigued and respond with, "that's a 2000 and what?!?!"

I have news for you... It's a 2000 and nothing. That's right, it's a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS! No need to grab your reading glasses, wife, kids, or monocle. You read that mileage right! Only 104,861 baby steps, which averages out to approximately 6,553.8125 miles per year.

Do you know what GLS stands for?? "Glorious Luxury Sadan". No, not really... I lied. But it could be! It stands for top-of-the-line, doesn't get any better than this, all the bells and whistles... and yes, even a BOSE sound system!!

Aside from being the only person on your block with a "Glorious Luxury Sadan", this car has something else that will set you apart from those nosey neighbors that like to peer in your open blinds at night. Give them something else to gawk at, other than your wife and kids (hopefully not the kids, but you can't be too sure these days). This car is unique, in that its instruments display metric. That's right... Ya hey der eh, this Canadian model reads in kilometers (mph on the inner band of the speedo) and celsius. Oh, and it has brand new rubbers, all the way around!

Cool points earned (and lost):

(250pts) - When your friends notice you're doing "72mph" past a local sheriff (actually 45mph), and they look at you like you're crazy. If they are semi-observant, but not enough to notice the Km/h, they will probably chime in with: "Wow, this car rides marvelous!! It doesn't even feel like we're going 72!!"

(500pts) - When you pick your five friends up in a sedan, instead of that two door, no backseat car.

(1000pts) - When you get pulled over for speeding... You tell the officer that you were struggling to calculate the difference from Km/h to Mph, and he lets you go.

(1500pts) - When you are asked to start looking for a minivan, because you and your wife are expecting... Cha-Ching!!! Four doors, and plenty of room for baby!!

(-250pts) - You will be expected to leave a larger "gift" at Sunday mass, when they see your "Glorious Luxury Sadan" with all that leather, and the thumpin' BOSE sound system. This could have scored -500 on the scale, however, you saved money but not buying an overpriced minivan!

Lettuce have a look at the goodies, shall we?

- Precision Control System (PCS), a driver control setup that uses the ABS sensors to measure the speed of each wheel, as well as steering and yaw angles. If you were to find yourself in a panic stop, quick swerve or just slippery pavement that forces the car into a skid, the PCS system hydraulically adjusts each wheel's speed, through correction of the brakes, to bring the car back under control.

- Room for FIVE real sized human beings

- All-aluminum 24-valve 3.5-liter V6, based on Cadillac's Northstar V8. This baby cranks out 215 horsepower and 230ft/lbs of torque, through a schmoooth four-speed electronic controlled transmission. Making more ponies than GM's popular 3.8-liter!

- A limp-mode that allows the engine to run on less cylinders should you suddenly lose coolant, a 100,000 mile (161,000 km for you metric peeps) service interval for tune-ups, and a powertrain control module that predicts actual oil life based on the engine's operation.

- Starter interrupt, so that when your "Glorious Luxury Sadan" is already running, you can't turn the key and grind your starter teeth. No more embarrassing moments in front of friends, or that new girl/guy/it.

- Speed-sensitive steering, and anti-lock disc brakes.

- Four-wheel independent suspension, so you really can drive it like you stole it. Then use the Km/h to Mph excuse.

- Lest I forget to mention, not only is this a GLS, but it is the "Sterling Edition". The top of the top, cream o' the crop. Loaded with leather HEATED seats, leather covered steering wheel and shifter, wood trim, and CD player. An added bonus of the Sterling edition is... Chrome rims!

P.S. - We will even throw in the garter and carefully crafted cross, currently residing on the rear view mirror, at no extra charge! That's a $19.95 value, yours free!

Intrigued? Contact DJ or Larry @ show contact info to buy this beauty, or make an offer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info