Pay it forward, why bother?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I was getting some coffee this morning and when I pulled up to the cashier, she told me the person in front of me paid for my drink and that people have been ‘paying it forward’ this morning. I don’t get the point of this, if everyone pays it forward, then you’re still paying for your drink because you buy the drink for the person behind you. The only person that benefits is the asshole that breaks the chain and doesn’t pay it forward, he gets the free coffee. So I gave them $4 for my $4.42 drink and went on my way.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
hqdefault.jpg

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I took ‘pay it forward’ as paying the equivalent of what I had ordered towards whatever the person behind me ordered.

Also, I don’t think that people getting drinks at Starbucks need anyone to pay it forward. I’m pretty sure everyone in line can pay for their own drink without issue. I’d rather do something nice for someone that can’t afford to pay a ridiculous price for a cup of coffee.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
It's an addiction really. I've been trying to shake it, but I just enjoy a nice frozen coffee in the morning.

i work from home so i will do it in part just to break up the morning and leave the house. and pay way too much for a snacky too. working remotely now and i do it as much if not more as i end up working in coffee shops most of the time, on my 2nd one today. not much cheaper here, large filipino latte from my go to place is $3.22. less lattie more 401k would be the smart decision but hey i enjoy a nice coffee while i hack away too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info