daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
not sure on the market of these.
briefly talked to [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] this afternoon, and seeking others opinions that might know more about the modified c5 market...

what i know:
-2001 z06
-76,000 miles
-UPP twin turbo kit(in fenders)
-BBK turbo manifolds
-spec twin disk clutch
-walbro pump
-80lb injectors
-wide body rear fenders

rest of drivetrain is stock. engine is unopened and stock also.

this is an offer for a vehicle i have for sale.
do you think its worth $20k+? think its $25k? less?

im at the cross roads to either say "lets do this" or "gimme cash ontop"

let me know what your thought is.

Attachments

• c5z.jpg
    c5z.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 115
  • c5z2.jpg
    c5z2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 112
  • c5z3.jpg
    c5z3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 117
  • c5z4.jpg
    c5z4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 114
  • c5z5.png
    c5z5.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 110

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
like I said on via text. meh. Being a 2001 and twin turbo doesn't exactly make it more desirable. My Z06 had the same miles and I can't tell you how many people were turned off by that without even looking at the car. Honestly on a trade id value that 15K max. That way if it does have issues you can still fix it and try to make money on it. Who knows could be a hack job install. That type of car is a hard sell. You really need to find the right buyer.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Not enough info to go off of either. What brand and size of turbos, wastegate, bov. Is this a header kit or stock manifolds? Walboro pump as in a single 255 or dual 450's with wiring? I'm guessing by the lack of details it's all basic bitch type shit and probably not worth much more than a similar stock car

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I'm going with/20 tops. Clutch issues and stock engine... It's a time bomb. You're buying a z06 that's going to blow up in a few thousand miles and need an engine & trans.
eh. :dunno:
i wouldnt call it a "timebomb", but it is possible.

how much is a th400 swap for one of these things?

like I said on via text. meh. Being a 2001 and twin turbo doesn't exactly make it more desirable. My Z06 had the same miles and I can't tell you how many people were turned off by that without even looking at the car. Honestly on a trade id value that 15K max. That way if it does have issues you can still fix it and try to make money on it. Who knows could be a hack job install. That type of car is a hard sell. You really need to find the right buyer.
i think thats what im gonna do. tell him the vette and $10,000 cash.

Doing a clutch on a C5 is a real asshole job too. "Needs adjusting" fuck off, it needs a clutch
7.5hrs worth of an asshole job too.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Not enough info to go off of either. What brand and size of turbos, wastegate, bov. Is this a header kit or stock manifolds? Walboro pump as in a single 255 or dual 450's with wiring? I'm guessing by the lack of details it's all basic bitch type shit and probably not worth much more than a similar stock car

no shit. this is why i have a fucking list put together for my car.
kinda frustrating talking to people like this, but it is what it is, this is how most operate.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
75k miles at 10# :rofl:

actual mileage 300k

Per the messages 15k on the turbo kit. 75 total on car.

The mileage is not high at all for the age of the car, but vettes are always looked at differently. I cannot tell you how many 08-12 vettes I've seen with 3-10k only on the car.

My record for the lowest miles I've seen was 950 miles on an 09 zr1. Needed some misc weird repair I cannot remember.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info