Hellcat Charger Stolen off Showroom Floor

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Do they steal these cars to sell them, keep them, joyride in them? I don't know how you could keep one of these cars long term without getting caught.

They're probably difficult to insure, you can't register them, who would buy it without a clean title, etc. Can they be given a clean VIN? Educate me on car thievery.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Do they steal these cars to sell them, keep them, joyride in them? I don't know how you could keep one of these cars long term without getting caught.

They're probably difficult to insure, you can't register them, who would buy it without a clean title, etc. Can they be given a clean VIN? Educate me on car thievery.

I assume they go overseas or to another country... :dunno:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
That's true, the insurance company doesn't ask to see the VIN on the car. But as far as the state registration, wouldn't they see a duplicate VIN and raise a red flag? Well, I guess if each state in the US doesn't share their information, it might not show up.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'm going with this car is going over seas in a container clandestinely. That said if not, could always be a shop chopping it up for parts. They'd have a decent chance of getting rid of the husk when done without a ton of questions being asked, and the parts from it would command a healthy premium that they could hide.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That's true, the insurance company doesn't ask to see the VIN on the car. But as far as the state registration, wouldn't they see a duplicate VIN and raise a red flag? Well, I guess if each state in the US doesn't share their information, it might not show up.

uncharted territory, I for sure wouldn't try the same state, but other states may not cross reference vins.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

you buy a totalled one from an auction for pennies and change the vins...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info