whole house air filters/purifers

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Anyone have anything beyond standard furnace filters? People who are often stuffed up, have allergies, etc knows how big of an issue this is, especially when considering sleep etc.

This was installed by the builder, pure electronic only which I had a feeling was basically useless, and kinda confirmed here. It's a shame it took 7 years to take action :rofl:

trion_455600_025.jpg

https://www.waterfiltersfast.com/Tr..._p_5062.html?gclid=CKeIyq7Z2tECFZu6wAodP_IDDA

TRION HE Plus 1400/2000 Air Cleaner - HVAC - Contractor Talk

Going to a Carrier Infinity® Air Purifier GAPAA, or the bryant equivalent model, which is MERV 15 (close to hospital grade?), at least its def the same technology used in hospital and similar facilities.

GAPAA.jpg

Infinity Air Purifier GAPAA | Carrier

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Haven't but I think i understand the concept, it basically charges the particles so they fall and don't stay in the air? I think those things may work but my first floor is all wood minus some area rugs, homes with all carpet this thing basically turns the carpet into a filter?
If that's the case, wouldn't that equate to more dust settling on everything?

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
The UV light is supposed to change the spores/mites or mold's structure so it dies. And yes it creates a lot more dust!

I don't have any carpet in my house and the dust is horrible, I need to dust the house about every 3 days.

I will say we don't get sick as often and I do have bad allergies and haven't had any issues since it was installed.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Following this thread. I have severe allergies and change the furnace filter once a month and run a portable air purifier in our bedroom. It's decent, but it's a 100-plus-year-old house we're renting. I'm liking these options for when we buy a house and can install such devices.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I don't have a humidifier nor purifier. I would like cleaner air in my house even though it's not that bad as it is. But it definitely gets dry in the winter with the heat on all the time.

I currently use the cheap filters for the furnace and change it monthly. Has anybody compared the cheap filters to a better (more expensive) filter?

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Sounds like you want at least the humidifier if you don't' have one, the humidity change wreaks havoc on paint, hardwood flooring, caulk joints, all sorts of stuff. I actually have 3 different humidity sensors to keep an eye on things.

This Carrier Infinity® Air Purifier GAPAA arrives today. Originally thought I wouldn't be home to sign for it but couple meetings got cancelled so looks like its installation day.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
From Carrier's site:
http://www.carrier.com/residential/...air-quality/air-purifiers/air-purifier-gapaa/

PERFORMANCE

Filter efficiency: MERV 15
Capture rate: 95% of particles down to .3 micron size
Germicidal rate: 99%
Low airflow resistance
Patented True Sense™ dirty filter detection available with Infinity control
TECHNOLOGY

Patented Captures & Kills™ technology
Recommended control: Infinity control
SIZES

Furnace sizes:
1625: 18.5"H x 11.125"W x 25.25"D
2025: 22"H x 11.125"W x 25.25"D

INSTALLATION

Flexible installation: upflow, downflow or horizontal flow furnaces
REQUIREMENTS

120v (furnace model)
AESTHETICS

Heavy-gauge steel cabinet pre-painted in taupe metallic

Hmm.... looks larger than a typical air filter... so what does this thing do with the power it requires? Does it somehow connect to the air filter and electrostatically collect dust or something?

:obama:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info