"A Dog's Purpose" animal cruelty caught on video

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
this is fucked.

Do NOT go see this movie! - Album on Imgur

A video has recently arisen of an animal handler forcing an unwilling German Shepherd into a raging river set for the film. In the video it is very clear that the dog does not want to go into the water and the handler FORCES him in. In the background you can hear a man saying "He just needs to throw him in". At the end of the video it appears that the dog goes under the roaring water and the handler has to jump in to retrieve him as you can hear the cast yelling "Cut it!" just before the video shuts off. I think everyone should see this and know not to support to this film! Follow link for the video.

'A Dog's Purpose' Video Shows Terrified German Shepherd Forced to Film | TMZ.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLiYr5OGbg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You guys ever seen a cat being bathed? Or see how a groomer has to handle a dog to get it bathed? This is nothing. That dog was just scared. I've had to drag my dog into and out of cars, the bath, and had to restrain him for shots many times over. This is one video taken out of context, being blown up like a balloon. There is nothing wrong here.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
nothing wrong here? really?

You never had to force a dog to do anything? One of my old dogs nearly killed itself struggling to get out of our car through a half open window. Only to almost hang itself, and me to save it from death. All because he was scared to ride in the car. We were taking him to a park to play.

This dog is most likely pampered way better than any family dog. The water was warm, and there were plenty of people there to care for the dog. He freaked like scared dogs do, and tried to fight his way out. Nobody was hurting or abusing him in any way, shape or form.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You never had to force a dog to do anything? One of my old dogs nearly killed itself struggling to get out of our car through a half open window. Only to almost hang itself, and me to save it from death. All because he was scared to ride in the car. We were taking him to a park to play.

This dog is most likely pampered way better than any family dog. The water was warm, and there were plenty of people there to care for the dog. He freaked like scared dogs do, and tried to fight his way out. Nobody was hurting or abusing him in any way, shape or form.

did you miss the part of the dog going under water at the end and them rushing to get it above water or is that just okay too?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
You guys ever seen a cat being bathed? Or see how a groomer has to handle a dog to get it bathed? This is nothing. That dog was just scared. I've had to drag my dog into and out of cars, the bath, and had to restrain him for shots many times over. This is one video taken out of context, being blown up like a balloon. There is nothing wrong here.

Have you ever seen a professionally trained dog in action?

Let alone a breed that is exceptionally KNOWN to be obedient?

That dog was clearly not suited/prepared for that scene, an experienced handler would/should know their dogs limitations. Sure its not like he drop-kicked the dog into the water; and I don't have any audio at work, and with everything going on its hard to tell if he was trying to coax the dog verbally and re-assure him/her that it was OK, but the video footage sure is damming...

I have a Shepard mix and a retriever, both are exceptionally obedient, but if they acted like that about going somewhere/doing something I would absolutely stop and re-evaluate...

My Shepard HATES pills, and I have to 'forcibly' give them to her, but she is not frantically trying to run/crawl away from me when I have to basically place it down her throat...

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
did you miss the part of the dog going under water at the end and them rushing to get it above water or is that just okay too?

Do you think this was not rehearsed at some point prior, and that the dog probably doesnt love to be in water normally? Do you think they just plucked this scared dog out of a shelter and tossed it into a deep water pool just to suddenly find out that it doesn't have the instinct to doggy paddle?

Come on man, dont be one of those people that take one of these click bait, sensational title videos for face value. This is TMZ doing what TMZ does.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Do you think this was not rehearsed at some point prior, and that the dog probably doesnt love to be in water normally? Do you think they just plucked this scared dog out of a shelter and tossed it into a deep water pool just to suddenly find out that it doesn't have the instinct to doggy paddle?

Come on man, dont be one of those people that take one of these click bait, sensational title videos for face value. This is TMZ doing what TMZ does.

IF THE GODDAMNED DOG DOESN'T LOVE WATER NORMALLY, IT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN THE FUCKING SCENE TO BEGIN WITH.

Fucking Seriously?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
IF THE GODDAMNED DOG DOESN'T LOVE WATER NORMALLY, IT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN THE FUCKING SCENE TO BEGIN WITH.

Fucking Seriously?

The dog was drowning at the end, if you have audio you could hear the people yelling to bring it up, rapids and a warm bath are pretty different things

this. holy fuck. this and this.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
caring for animals ?

right. i guess im a bad guy for having a heart :rofl:

fuck man, you're straight delusional if you see NOTHING wrong with this.

I can totally understand that some dogs aren't big into water, but my retriever would straight up hurl himself into rapids with minimal motivation.

Forcing any living being unwillingly into an environment that they do not want to be in is not stellar.

Doing it out of necessity is one thing; doing it for profit is quite another.

Flip-Side, lets say it was a 9 year old child actor in the EXACT same scenario.

If they were put into the water like that, there would be a lawsuit...

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
and yeah, those guys have full neoprene dive wetsuits on because the water is so warm

And winter jackets for those standing around the pool

Fuck this movie and fuck the dude that threw the dog in the water. I look forward to seeing them lose millions because they attempted to exploit an animal for profit and were exposed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info