Man Caught Using Plate Cover To Avoid Tolls

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Man uses remote-controlled license plate shield to avoid paying toll, police say | abc7chicago.com

A central Florida man was caught using a sophisticated trick to avoid a $1.25 toll.

Police say he used a remote control to drop a shield that covered his license plate.

A trooper watched the shield drop then go back up after the driver passed through a toll booth.

Joshua Concepcion-West was arrested on felony charges of petit theft and cheating.

Troopers said they don't know how many times Concepcion-West might have hidden his license plate to dodge tolls.

1700751_630x354.jpg

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
i got a collections notice for $248.00 from i-pass. i never got any violations notices. and i have an i pass with a positave balance. i need to call had hear heads roll.

not a violation notace, its actually in collections!

This happens to me once a year, and I probably only go through the toll less than 20 times a year. I have an iPass, and then I end up getting like a $200 bill for missed tolls. Then I have to call, sit on hold for 15 minutes, and they say "oh yeah...shows you have an iPass here, we will reverse all these charges and charge the tolls to your iPass."

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
They're getting more sophisticated. The last time I saw, truck drivers were attaching strings to the plate to lift them up when going through the tolls.

a week ago, the Semi next to me drove on the shoulder to avoid the toll......

do you know what it's like to see a Semi with it's container going 60mph pull quickly to the right of you :eek3:

Laughed it off as soon as it was over.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
a week ago, the Semi next to me drove on the shoulder to avoid the toll......

do you know what it's like to see a Semi with it's container going 60mph pull quickly to the right of you :eek3:

Laughed it off as soon as it was over.

He still paid. The transponders start receiving the signal 1/4 mile from the monotube. They still take tolls on the shoulders.

saliv8

all motor
Feb 26, 2015
Chicago
This guy is an asshole^^

Just how secure is the ipass setup?

Ive always wondered when the next IT whiz is gonna be able to walk around with some type of software program or receiver and take $1 here, $1 there from every car's ipass account. Would we really notice?

I'll be honest I have mine set up to auto pay and I checked my account I think once in probably 10 years. I have a bad feeling we are sitting ducks for this type of scheme.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
This guy is an asshole^^

Just how secure is the ipass setup?

Ive always wondered when the next IT whiz is gonna be able to walk around with some type of software program or receiver and take $1 here, $1 there from every car's ipass account. Would we really notice?

I'll be honest I have mine set up to auto pay and I checked my account I think once in probably 10 years. I have a bad feeling we are sitting ducks for this type of scheme.
It's not that simple and I highly doubt it would ever happen unless it was an internal job to syphon funds, in which case they are accessing your account directly and have no need for the ipass.

You can't make a machine to take money out of other people's ipass accounts...It isn't that simple

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
something obvious like that is not smart.... an lcd overlay that changes the numbers would be far less obvious but still illegal....thankfully there are gray area's in the world

id like to point out that since your plate is registered to the transponder/account....even "without" your transponder, they can bill you as the computers grayscale and "read" the plate, hopefully there's not "extra" contrast from that "damned" plate corrosion issue that makes the white ultra reflective background....not reflective....damn 0's looking like 8's and stuffs.....such a travesty that the camera cant tell the difference....oh well)

also as long as the system senses the transponder as you drive under the sensor grid and the system can triangulate you signal point (why they want it near center windshield) for billing the transponder and just ignoring the plate if it gets a billable signal... though presumably its able to sense trailers and bill for them.
at least if it somehow cant get a signal...your making them computers work to steal your $...so at least your giving a headache to some IT guy for your $

but lets say like a dumbass your transponder slipped into the dash inside what is essentially a faraday cage (figure something like a solid steel 68 ford dash)

well shoot it HAS to read the plate now to bill you....but if the plate is hard to read, say from that gosh darned corrosion issue, or blowing snow (IR glare)....well then damn, the camera cant see.... at least on Some days....

its always just one damned thing after another....one of these years maybe ill dig the transponder out of the shiel....er dash...maybe

im not sayin....im just say'n

I cant be the only one to have figured out this shit, you ladies need to think more

Nitrous Chevy

Breathe if you're Horny
Jan 10, 2017
America
Your plate for each vehicle needs to be registered to the Transponder or they will still send you violations if it doesn't match up. [MENTION=11865]saliv8[/MENTION] that is Slim aka Guesswhosback and the other names TalyorCobb and Clayton Bigsby he just made recently after getting banned...

Wrong. License plates don't need to match unless it gets a red light. I've done this a million times. No issues. I can tell ya right now you don't no from experience like me.

Clayton Bigsby

Regular
Jan 9, 2017
Your plate for each vehicle needs to be registered to the Transponder or they will still send you violations if it doesn't match up. [MENTION=11865]saliv8[/MENTION] that is Slim aka Guesswhosback and the other names TalyorCobb and Clayton Bigsby he just made recently after getting banned...

Dear Mr. SBF, I am not this ****** Slim. Please get off my nuts. Thanks. In fact, you're probably getting him off by accusing another new member of being him. Do I type like this section 8 Slim nayger? No.:nutz:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info