Travel Trailers

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
So who has one? I'm usually one of extremes, either straight pack camping hiking miles into the wilderness or something like this :rofl: I don't know that I would own one unless ready to use it quite often, which may mean not living in IL. The used ones seem relatively affordable.

2010_crossroads_zinger_26bl_crv1343258_12.JPG

2010_crossroads_zinger_26bl_crv1343258_3.JPG

2010_crossroads_zinger_26bl_crv1343258_21.jpg

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I've been quietly searching for a hybrid for a few months now. Once I finally part with the fact that I will never really finish my car or enjoy driving it and sell the fucker, I'm looking at 20-22ft hybrid used cheap. ready for that stereotypical dad life.

dat vest tho
stockcamping1.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
apart from normal trailer maint?? I can't imagine winterizing and summarizing being at all terrible. Esp since most campgrounds have flush bathrooms and showers if you'd ever need to really drop deuce in your own shit tank, fill with fresh water and go I suppose???

do they ever start like having water leak issues or need windoows replaced or shit like that

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I've seen some water leak issues which really at that point junk the fucker because you'll have to replace the wood floor. Otherwise as long as it's taken care of I see 0 issues. we had a pop up growing up and it sat outside it's whole life and got pelted with hail a few times and never any water leak issues in the 10 years or so we owned it.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
My wife and I have been seriously shopping these for a little while. There are all different types of trailers. The fiberglass shell ones seem to last longer and be better quality/durability but have more exterior upkeep. The metal panel stamped ones have less upkeep, but seem to develop leaks and issues sooner. There is a place that sells them in ABQ that issues a full lifetime warranty with each of theirs they sell. You just have to keep proof that you winterized it and had yearly maintenance checks on it. Seems like a sweet deal.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
did you just hate your property taxes so much you just moved into a camper?

all of a sudden youtube seems popular with this kinda stuff and the algos promoted this chick in particular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7379aanKuZE

i'm not keen on living in a van although i'd stuff hobo ahle

this channel would not do as well if it was one of us dirty car bastards living in a van, 15 views 3 downvotes lol.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
all of a sudden youtube seems popular with this kinda stuff and the algos promoted this chick in particular

this channel would not do as well if it was one of us dirty car bastards living in a van, 15 views 3 downvotes lol.

:rofl: so true

and yeah, living out of vehicles is cool all of a sudden if you're a hipster.

i follow a group on FB for camping out of pickup trucks, and a good majority of people live out of them.

I think that RV show is this weekend at mccormick ?

boat/rv show.

pretty weak for rvs though

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin

this girl sounds legit homeless and giving advise to others who may be homeless or considering it, sleeping in a small economy car isn't where I was going with this :rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Just got one last year, kind of a crazy story in its self. I will say the determining factor for me would be if you have a woman who's not into tenting it/a family. Can make stuff way easier.

I would have no problem tent camping but just have a feeling that if I brought my damn dogs they would be up and barking at every single noise and it would drive me crazy....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info