DJI Drones

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
Does anyone own a DJI Phantom 4 Pro or Mavic Pro drone? I'm thinking about getting one over the next few months and can't decide. I really like the Mavic because of its size but the features on Phantom 4 Pro really set it apart. The Mavic is much smaller, folds up, and is easily transported. Most would think this wouldn't matter but I'm thinking about motorcycle trips where I have limited space to carry shit.

https://www.dji.com/mavic

Phantom 4 Pro - Professional aerial filmmaking made easy

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I too have been a long time DJI customer. Currently own a 3 Pro.

Given your intended use- why not go with the Mavick?

As for customer service, it's not as bad as the Internet makes it out to be. I once crashed a drone into a tree branch which caused it to fall from the air, roll down a hill and ultimately fall into a river being 3/4 submerged. DJI told me too send it in for repair and ended up fixing it for free. I don't recall exactly how quick they turned it around (been a couple years) but it was quick.

Id buy DJI again without reservation.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Did you ever have any customer service issues? That is the one thing I keep reading about that has me concerned. Other than that, I love the product and want one bad.

Never had to call them yet, i've only had it a little bit, maybe 2 hours of flight time. They have very little issues so it would be rare you'd need them. They are also incredibly easy to fly.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
The biggest thing I like with the Phantom 4 Pro is the 5-way obstacle avoidance system (forward, sides, rear, and altitude). I'm new to drones except for the cheapies and realize there will be a learning curve if flying it, especially if flying it out of site. Do either of you have any thoughts on this or am I just scared since I'm a noob.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I ordered a Phantom 3 Standard refurb from DJI's website on Friday for $359...got this email today:

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your order.

Due to unprecedented demand, your order will likely ship within the month of March, 2017. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

If you would like to cancel your order, please visit https://store.dji.com and login to your DJI account, then go to My Orders in the User Center and select Refund Order.

Should you have any questions, please contact our dedicated customer support team at [email protected].

Thanks for your time and for shopping with DJI.

The DJI Store

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I had an "accident" with my drone a week ago taking some pictures. The thing lost signal and took off on me back to the home way-point. Only problem was that I was under a tree when it lost signal and took off. So it hit the tree, flipped over, and crashed into the ground.

I sent it in a week ago and they already got it and are assessing what to do, i think they'll just send me a new one. So, so far so good with customer support with them. Their repair/customer service process is very organized and done online, you can check the status anytime by logging into your account on the website.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
that's one concern I have about the return to home feature, even though its a good feature to have. I think it just takes a direct path back which can be disastrous. Glad to see they are taking care of you.

It isn't just a direct path. It will stop wherever it losses signal, then goes strait up to a height you specify before takeoff, then goes over to the take-off location and lowers slowly. The only thing is, if you fly under objects or trees, and lose the signal, it will go strait up into whatever is overhead.

As long as you're out in the open, it is a great feature. Every time you fly it around objects or under trees and such, you're taking a risk.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
It isn't just a direct path. It will stop wherever it losses signal, then goes strait up to a height you specify before takeoff, then goes over to the take-off location and lowers slowly. The only thing is, if you fly under objects or trees, and lose the signal, it will go strait up into whatever is overhead.

As long as you're out in the open, it is a great feature. Every time you fly it around objects or under trees and such, you're taking a risk.

Hmm i'll have to look at what mine is set to. I've been flying it in my yard and I have a lot of mature trees, got to be extra careful.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Got this email today after they told me I had to wait until March!...LOL

Your order, number xxxxxxxxxxxxx, has shipped. Check on delivery status using the FEDEX tracking code xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Order Summary
Item Quantity Price
Phantom 3 Standard (Refurbished Unit)
1 USD $359

If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact our online sales team:
1. E-mail: [email protected].
2. Live Chat: Click the icon found at the bottom of the http://store.dji.com main page.
Thank you.
DJI Store

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info