Escape Rooms

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
Tonight the fiancé and I, along with another couple, did one of those escape rooms and had an absolute blast! I was a bit skeptical about the whole thing but now find myself wanting to try more of them. We went to the Vault Room in Riverside which is right on Harlem. Right now they have two rooms, The Inheritance which is a beginner room with a 50% success rate (we did this) and the Mad Scientist room with only a 7% success rate.

Anyone else on here done one of these? Looking for suggestions of other ones to try next!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
7 geez.

some friends and i did a zombie one downtown, the zombie dude had to groan all day long that seems a pain. as time went by his chain got longer and if he touched you you dead. they said we were on track for a record pace around the 75% mark, although we got stuck for a while there. we had enough info that i could just brute force remaining permutations of possible unlock combos to escape, so i started doing that while people kept working on puzzles, got it the 2nd try.

while looking for things to do on some intl trips i'd see this fairly often and rated fairly high on tripadvisor, the chicago one is the only one i've done though. was pretty fun, would escape again ++

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
The one that [MENTION=750]RICH17[/MENTION] mentioned was an absolute blast. Went with like 10 friends to this really weird building where one of the rooms was set up to look like a train car was parked in it. Right off the bat, I was skeptical because the thing was built with scrap plywood, corrugated roofing material, and other various scraps. We step inside the train car and it looked a little better, but at first glance, it pretty much just seemed like an empty train car. Once the timer got started, you start to realize that just about literally everything around you is a subtle clue. This one in particular was REALLY well executed because the controller/host person can deliver hints as they realize you are getting stuck. I think they always aim for you to be able to complete the mission but give you an idea of how many hints they pitched you at the end. Since then, I've been wanting to do another one real bad. They are a whole bunch of fun.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
my wife took me to Mastermind in Schaumburg for my 30th birthday, we had about 12 people and it was a blast!!! Iirc it had a 30% success rate, we didn't figure it out but we were soooo close when they gave us a clue at the end.

https://mastermindescapegames.com/locations/escape-room-schaumburg-il/

The wife and a group of us did this one. We did outbreak. Was it fun? Yes. Would I do it again? Nope. For $30 a head I'll do something else. It was almost impossible.

focustimeescape

Nov 6, 2023
9856 Derby Ln, Westchester, IL
Real Name
Sean Williams
Focus Time Escape offers escape room games in Chicago, Illinois. Their Escape rooms are immersive, scenario-driven experiences where small groups of participants have to solve puzzles and manipulate room elements to escape within a limited time. Focus Time Escape has two rooms available: Area 51 and Maniac’s Basement, each with a different theme and story.

FTE Email Attchment.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info