Finally, Someone Made A Beer For Drinking In The Shower

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
‘Shower Beer’ Is a Dedicated Beer for the Bathroom (Yes, This Is Real)

1483724978-shower-beer-08-rad-med-flaskor3-1250x746.jpg

When I was a kid, all I needed to make bath time less of a drag was a rubber ducky and maybe some Crayola Bathtub Crayons (remember those?!). But it was sometime in my early 20s when I realized the magic of the shower beer. Never heard of it? No, it's not showering yourself in beer, but rather the act of drinking a nice cold beer in the shower before heading out for the night—or going to bed, since apparently it's a great way to cure insomnia, according to Margot Robbie.

While the concept of shower beers has been around for awhile, there's never been a definitive answer to what kind of beer to drink in the shower. College students tend to shower with Natural Light, bath lovers might choose a rich porter or stout, and I've always been preferential to a crisp, refreshing lager.

Until now.

Swedish creative agency, Snask, recently teamed up with PangPang, a brewery located south of Stockholm, to make the first beer created specifically to drink in the shower. Simply called Shower Beer, the sweet, but strong pale ale packs a punch at 10 percent ABV.

Despite its high alcohol content, the small 18 cl bottle (just over 6 ounces) was designed to "gulp in three sips while standing in the shower getting ready for the night," according to Snask. Snask also designed the bottle without a paper label so that it doesn't dissolve in the shower. Be careful though—the bottle is still made out of glass so you wouldn't want to drop it.

If you want to get your hands on Shower Beer, you'll have to wait. The first batch sold out almost immediately and the brewery is currently working on the second one. "We have received incredible amounts of interest from all over the world so we are currently looking for distributors outside Scandinavia in order to be able to shower this whole planet with this brew," Snask's Fredrik Öst told Bustle.

Until then we'll just have to suffice with regular beer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info