PSA: BCBS IL no longer accepted at CVS

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Also at first I thought you made a thread about Goose Island's Bourbon County Brand Stout...

Don't mind the home made gumbo in the way :)

j1Fxb9d.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Wife just picked up her prescription today. She told me they still accepted our blue cross plan didn't charge her anything.....

Fluke mook?

Not a fluke. Was told today AND spoke with BCIL to confirm.

Does she have BCHS of ILLINOIS? If she has it through work, it could be out of state. My moms is BCBS California. Totally different.

Our main priority is to provide quality, affordable care to as many people as possible. Working closely with Prime Therapeutics, we continuously assess our pharmacy networks and offerings to ensure we’re keeping health care accessible for our members. As part of ongoing negotiations, CVS Pharmacy requested additional reimbursement rates for generic prescriptions in comparison to other pharmacies. To maintain affordable benefits for our members and customers, we need to obtain competitive reimbursement rates from participating pharmacies within Prime’s network. So beginning Jan. 1, 2017, CVS pharmacies and CVS pharmacies in Target stores will no longer be a part of our 2017 pharmacy network available to BCBSIL’s fully insured employer group and retail market (QHP small group and individual plan) members. - See more at: https://connect.bcbsil.com/ask-bcbs...217/target-cvs-exclusion#sthash.ovoG99In.dpuf

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I need to learn how to transfer a prescription.

CVS actually did it for me. I called to figure out why the hell they were taking so long to fill it today and they told me about my insurance then offered to call Walgreens and transfer it.

Of course they took over an hour to actually do it but hey, they still did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info